Charlie's First Day as a "Big Boy"

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Charlie is now an official Champion in ACFA........................with 2 finals towards his Grand Championship
A 10th Best Alter AB and a 5th Best Alter SP (29 total alters LH/SH)

Not bad for a just 8 month old who still needs to mature

Let's see what tomorrow brings........more show vibes please

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Go Charlie!

When you have the time GK, you must explain how ACFA works...how many ribbons to Grand, how the finals work to your points for Granding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for you Aby

Basically, as ACFA has levels of grands (grand to quad grand - I think its "supreme in TICA")

To get to Grand Champion you need 16 winners ribbons (each 4 ribbons is a multiple Champion; champion, double, triple, quad. AND 6 finals (I think 4 different judges, but it may be 6 finals under 6 different judges). In Championship 2 of the 6 finals have to be Best-10th Cat; In premier/alter finals it has to be 2 of the 6 finals in the top 5 cats (Best-5th).

After he matures then he should get in the top 5 - usually the grands are placed there, so champions really have to be good
He's not mature enough at this point, so I'm happy with the 2 he got yesterday. Next ACFA show won't be till December. The August/Sept ones are CFA

In the rings yesterday 4 out of the top 5 cats were already grand

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spooky granded (more/less) in his first show as an adult - got all his finals including top 5 in an 8 ring show - so we just had to accumulate the other 8 winners ribbons

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go Charlie, u stunning boy
! I am sending many more good show vibes ur way, even though I dont think you guys would need it

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Way to go Charlie!! I should say Champ Charlie!! It won't be long until your Momma Grands you!!
Congratulations to you both!! I wish for you as much or more success in your future shows!!
Our boy goes to his next TICA show 8 ring format in June *TiCA*. He will still only be 7 months, but it will give him the experience, and 7 out of the 8 judges have not seen him, so it will be nice to get more feed back. His first adult show in the first weekend of July, I believe. I hope he follows in Charlie's pawprints, and champions his first adult show.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie picked up one more final on Sunday - another 10th Best AB. So he's 3 down, 3 to go
But he still needs two finals in the top 5 AB. The next time he's shown in ACFA will be in December when he's about 1 1/2 yrs old - should be fully developed by then and able to make top 5 in the class.

Next week is is first adult show in CFA and he's breeder gets to see how's he's developed.

We also got his professional pictures done at this show - turned out really well. We'll get an additional 8 x 10 made for the library.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You must be so proud, and his breeder as well!! I wish you the same success in his first CFA show!! Before long he will have titles in all of the cat organizations!!
Can you share his professional pictures with us on the site, giving credit to the photographer? Who did you have taking Charlie's picture? I think we will get Koda's first professional pictures in July. I just hope Helmi is there in July!! She is typically our photographer in this area.

Keep up the good work, Charlie!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Preston Smith is the name of the photographer. He's also taken a few of Nancy's other Ocicats (most recent was Yanni - Charlie's 1/2 brother). In fact, he had a picture of Yanni at the show; after we got Charlie done and he printed out a small picture so we could put it on the cage, we compared the two together and its amazing how close they look - you can tell they are brothers

I'm not sure how to take the picture and post it on here other then try to take a picture of the picture on my camera. Will see if I have some time this week to play around and come up with a picture of the picture.

DH says he could try and hook up the scanner, download the disk for it and try it, but that won't be done this week. I may try taking a picture to see what we can get. Otherwise it would be awhile.

In the meantime, Preston has a website with pictures - Here's his website - he's out of Kansas.

http://www.prestonsmithphoto.com/

Go to the gallery pictures - Stanley is on page 2 at the bottom; Ephinay is on page 4.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Preston Smith is the name of the photographer. He's also taken a few of Nancy's other Ocicats (most recent was Yanni - Charlie's 1/2 brother). In fact, he had a picture of Yanni at the show; after we got Charlie done and he printed out a small picture so we could put it on the cage, we compared the two together and its amazing how close they look - you can tell they are brothers

I'm not sure how to take the picture and post it on here other then try to take a picture of the picture on my camera. Will see if I have some time this week to play around and come up with a picture of the picture.

DH says he could try and hook up the scanner, download the disk for it and try it, but that won't be done this week. I may try taking a picture to see what we can get. Otherwise it would be awhile.

In the meantime, Preston has a website with pictures - Here's his website - he's out of Kansas.

http://www.prestonsmithphoto.com/

Go to the gallery pictures - Stanley is on page 2 at the bottom; Ephinay is on page 4.
Stanley and Ephinay are beautiful, I do know Preston Smiths' photos, he does do a wonderful job!! Take your time, on getting the photo, but when you get the chance I would love to see Charlie!! I really liked Stanley!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Charlie picked up one more final on Sunday - another 10th Best AB. So he's 3 down, 3 to go
Well done Charlie.

I need to get some pro pics of my handsome boy while he's still a baby.