Jimbo got adopted today!!!!!!!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just estatic!!! My favorite shelter dog at the shelter where i work got adopted today
While i was helping run the kennels- two of my coworkers took some of the animals to petsmart (in addition to the kitties we already have there -today they took some dogs for a few hours). One of them was Jimbo- my favorite!!!!
he has just stolen my heart!!! I would have loved to adopt him myself- but having just moved my kitties into colin's house/etc the timing was off. When my coworkers got back this afternoon- they were soo excited to tell me about the wonderful home he has
The family is fostering him for 3 days (we require them to foster when they take one from petsmart- then in 3 days fill out the adoption forms
) and then they will come to fill out the official papers. I couldn't be happier!!! My friends were really excited to tell me (they knew how much i loved him!) Also- another one of my favorites got adopted today as well- Norris
I'm soo happy!!! It's been a pretty good day for adoptions at our shelter!
Here is a picture of Jimbo!

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ighlight=jimbo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Aw, he really looks like a sweetie. I'm so glad he has a good home!
he was such a sweetheart!!!!!!!! just a total little love!!!
i'm going to miss seeing his face at work- but at the same time i'm soooo happy he's found a great new home!!!!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's awesome!
He's gorgeous!
isn't he the one I pm'd you about?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

that's awesome!
isn't he the one I pm'd you about?
nope- that was jacoby!!! But while we're on that topic- jacoby got an awesome home today as well!!!!
we had a really good day at our shelter today as far as adoptions go!!!! what a blessing!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's really great!
You guys must have a great adoption rate. we adopt out like 50 animals a month which is really good.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

that's really great!
You guys must have a great adoption rate. we adopt out like 50 animals a month which is really good.
that is a really good rate!!
how many animals on average does your shelter hold at one time??? I'm not sure what our monthly average is as far as adoption goes -i never really keep up...we stay so busy!!! I'll have to ask one of my coworkers if they know. It's pretty high for cats, kittens, and puppies....adult dogs it's a little bit lower- but it really just varies month to month. our dog kennel has about 48 indoor/outdoor runs. (so since we often times are short on space- we will put two dogs if they get along well per kennel- so that gives our numbers can be pretty high). We also have individual cages we set up -anywhere from 5-10 at a time for small dogs/ puppies that are not able to go into the dog runs or are recieveing heart worm treatment and need to be kept quiet. Our isolation room has about 21 cages (in groups of 3) in it and we also keep a massive cage back there for kittens. So it's not uncommon for us to have several kitties per cage/ etc just depending. (so anywhere from 25-40 kitties especially if there are nursing mommas with litters). Our front cat room holds around 30 cages (i'll have to double check that number!) and we sometimes have several kitties to a cage if there is a litter of kittens (right now there are tons of them everywhere!!!) We also keep some puppies/small dogs in the cat room in small cages as needed/ and in the office if we need space- the laundry room too. We try to make as much space as possible so we don't have to euthanize as much if we get a lot of animals in. So we have quite a bit of animals at our shelter- these don't even count how many that are out in foster homes

Originally Posted by crittermom

WOO HOO!!!! That is wonderful news.
I know!!!! I'm sooo excited!!! I hope he adjusts well to his new home and they spoil him rotten!
he deserves it! he's soo wonderful!!!