need cat deterrent

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We buy a bottle of fox urine at the local pest supply store. Pour some on cotton balls and place them around the yard. You'll need to re-scent them after it rains. And keep them away from the dogs who will roll all over them.

We use them to keep the wild animals out of our yard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
fox urine? darn.. the grocery store was all out of it today. were you serious? LOL

I mean people who let their pets roam freely all night what do you think their pets are doing? they are digging and :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: and spraying and yowling in other people's yards. this is certainly not responsible pet care. I would never allow my cat to be a nuisance to others or to be left alone for the night running all sorts of risks.

we have AGAIN found coyote scat in the yard and i dont understand how the neighbors can permit this risk factor with their pets?

Meanwhile I will try an ultrasonic thingie that humans cant hear but the neighbor cats won't like because as far as I am concerned the areas under my windows do not belong to free roaming cats. My cat has the right to enjoy the yard from her safe window seats and i am quite annoyed that other pet owners dont understand how inconsiderate it is to let their cats bother mine. If these were free roaming dogs the city would come and get them.

If this continues much longer I am going to trap them in a hav-a-heart trap and take them to a shelter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
I thought you might like to know what finally solved my stray cat problem. We bought two ultrasonic monitors and place them in the front yard. within an hour there were no more neighbors' cats in the yard. Abi was curious at first when it would be triggered but I would stroke her and say that's okay and she learned to be fine with it.

and the neighbors cats who were never let inside? remember them? They have disappearred. first the regular maine coon went missing and then two weeks ago we heard a blood curdling sound as a coyote got the manx maine coon. abi was REALLY freaked by that sound.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

I thought you might like to know what finally solved my stray cat problem. We bought two ultrasonic monitors and place them in the front yard. within an hour there were no more neighbors' cats in the yard. Abi was curious at first when it would be triggered but I would stroke her and say that's okay and she learned to be fine with it.

and the neighbors cats who were never let inside? remember them? They have disappearred. first the regular maine coon went missing and then two weeks ago we heard a blood curdling sound as a coyote got the manx maine coon. abi was REALLY freaked by that sound.
How sad about the cats disappearing. I can only pray that it was a swift and painless ending. For the 4 days that Bijou was missing I worried most about him being killed by a coyote. My heart was breaking just thinking about it.

I'm glad you did find a suitable solution to the problem.