Mini TCS Treasure Challenge

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is a long weekend here in Canada so to allow for the next challenge to start when we are all back at work we are going to have a mini holiday weekend challenge.

This one is a little different from the last, each clue will lead you to a post, a person or an article (or something) on TCS. The first letter of that person, article or post will be the letter you need to unscramble the quote.

As this is only a mini challenge - the points are half of what they are for the week long one, so everyone who takes part and gets all the clues will get 250 points and the final winner of the poll will get 2500.

The Keepers Treasure Challenge will start on Tuesday at 8am

Clues to follow

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed out on the first TCS challenge and I may miss a lot of this one too considering I have to work every day this weekend. I don't have a day off until Tuesday
. I'll still try to play as much as possible though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There will be bigger batches of clues released at one time so you can work on them when you have the time

And these ones are a little easier because as we all know, you need to take it easier on the weekends!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Remember not to share your answers with anyone - keep them written down to work out the final clue

Remember, you just need the first letter from each name / post / whatever

Clue 1 (a & b): We have two Supermods on TCS what are their usernames? (2 letters needed - one from each name)

Clue 2: There is an article on TCS about calico cats, which vet (last name) provided some of the information for this article and is referenced throughout.

Clue 3: Where could you find 'your beeline for everything feline'?

Clue 4 (a & b): There are 8 things you should look for in a healthy cat, according to the article found on TCS, what are the 2nd and 3rd things to look for (2 answers)

Clue 5: If I had 52 posts and had been a member for 35 days what rank/user group would I be?

Clue 6: What rank must you achieve before being allowed to post in IMO (if over 18)

Clue 7: Which mentor has an 'only cat' named after a drink who sounds like she could be on the tipsy side

Clue 8: If you wanted to welcome new members or post a ‘hi I am new’ post, which forum would you click on?

Remember to keep track of your letters, you will need them at the end of the challenge

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am completely stumped with 1 and 7 ... do we get hints?

7 could be 2 differrent Mentors ....... and SuperMODS, I cannot find them anywhere?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another game, I was to backed up last week and well next week im gonna be trying to to stay on track and my moms gonna be in the hospital so I am happy we have at least a mini one I can participate in this weekend
I know some of these but I am gonna have to search some
O man, am I excited to get home (we are doing the shopping for the animals for when my mom is in the hospital and out)

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I am completely stumped with 1 and 7 ... do we get hints?

7 could be 2 differrent Mentors ....... and SuperMODS, I cannot find them anywhere?
ooops I missed a word in my original post that would have made 7 clearer

and the supermods are up to you to find

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I have #1 now ........... ok #7 her cat is named after a drink?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and does the cat or the owner sound tipsy?

I have the name but its based on the "only cat" hint. Im not familiar with drink names.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nausicaa

Got 'em. This is fun!
Congrats!!! I gave up on when I couldn't figure out #1.
Didn't even try after that.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

#1 is easy if you know where the list of mods is

#7 it is the cat's name that could be a tispy drink
Its all sorted now ........

Just waiting to see what else to do ............

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got 'em.

I hadn't a hope of participating in the week long one, and probably won't for the next one, either, though I did enjoy reading. Nice to be able to play a little.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found #1 finally.But, my old brain just isn't working.So, I'll sit back and watch you all play this one.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The second set of clues:

Clue 9: The small picture beside your name is called an _______

Clue 10: What month was Melodyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Cat Wallpaper added to the cat graphics link section?

Clue 11: The forum owner has a link in her signature which can show you how to make money from building these kind of pages

Clue 12: What is the maximum number of months you can buy a paid membership for from your profile menu.

Clue 13: What link would you click on to find out who shares your birthday?

Clue 14: More controversial off topic threads go in this forum

Clue 15: What would I type between the : : to get this emoticon on TCS

Clue 16: Amy D Shojai has a set of columns on cat behaviour on TCS, what was the series called?

Clue 17: Stacy Mantle wrote an article about National Feral Cat Day, what month is it held?

Clue 18: Which forum skin is ‘workâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] related

Clue 19: There is a forum for literature and poetry etc, it is called Paws & _________

Clue 20: If you wanted to see a list of posts since your last visit, you would click on this link.

The idea of this challenge is to make you search every corner of TCS, so some are harder to find than others, but they can all be found from TCS.

There will be one more set of clues tomorrow morning and then you will have until 8am on Monday to do the final part of the challenge and PM me your answers.

The poll will then be held for 24 hours going into Tuesday when the winner will be announced

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got all of them but #10...#10 is a killer lol!!!!! Ah well, it can only be 1 of 12 letters

Thanks for running this - Ive learnt a fair bit

Off to try and find #10..again..