peeing & pooping

jillfm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a 19 year old cat that has been peeing & pooping all over the house. Sometimes the poop is small & has blood in it. Sometimes she'll continue to use the litter box as usual & then start up again.
-we keep the litter boxes clean
-she has not had any changes to environment, food, etc.
The pee smells diluted, not always the typical cat pee smell. She now drinks from our shower like she can't get enough-she doesn't even mind getting wet, as long as she can drink.
We thought maybe she was bothered by having to hop into the litter box from arthritis or just getting old, but she manages to hop up onto our high bed every day & she even hops into the laundry basket to pee (clean or dirty, she doesn't care!).
I've caught her a few times & she doesn't seem to notice that I'm telling her to stop.
Could this be a kidney or diabetes thing going on or just old age?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jillfm

Could this be a kidney or diabetes thing going on or just old age?
I would say that a kidney issue is most likely. It's manageable, though, even at 19 yrs old. I would go to the vet and have blood work done.

PS Welcome

PPS - She's peeing and pooing all over, most likely just because she's ill, it's not behavioral from what I can gather in your message.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PLEASE get your cat to a vet for a full workup ASAP. This is definitely a health issue.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PLEASE VET NOW ....ask for a complete senior workup