What's Your Height to Weight Ratio? (BMI)

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Go to

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
(national heart lung and blood institute)

and enter in your height and weight, and you will get your Body Mass Index!

Mine is 23.8, I am normal but could go overweight very fast, just a few pounds would do it.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm let's just say I'm a little porker.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 22.9 Wow, I am shocked I did this, there is a lot to go with that that I had to do in gym class
And trust me I am still confused (The heart rates what I had to do)

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm right there with you!! oink oink!!

Maybe we should start a club or something.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
25.9 - in the overweight club

I don't REALLY trust it though. When I was doing triathlon and super fit (the last big thing I did was a 450km (280 mile) charity bike ride over 3 days from Canberra to the top of Mt Kosciusko (the highest mountain in Australia) and back), my BMI was about 23.8, so the higher end of healthy, and closing in on overweight.

I'm definitely porkier now than I was then, but I still prefer to go by body type and shape, and how you feel yourself rather than going by a number it spits out....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'm definitely porkier now than I was then, but I still prefer to go by body type and shape, and how you feel yourself rather than going by a number it spits out....
I definately agree on that one. Mine is 23.3

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Agreed! I refuse to rate myself according to these charts. Same goes for the insurance charts. NOT gonna do it
I will judge how I feel in my body and if others don't agree, too darned bad

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I don't fully trust these things though. My ex-bf was always considered "obese" according to these numbers. He was overweight, but he also had a lot of muscle. Muscles are very heavy.
Thats the same with my boyfriend. It always tells him he is obese, and he is overweight but he also has a lot of muscle.

I don't go by these either. It said mine was 29.3, but honestly I am not that big. I could stand to lose some weight, but I am not bordering on obese.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

mine's 21.0

I don't fully trust these things though. My ex-bf was always considered "obese" according to these numbers. He was overweight, but he also had a lot of muscle. Muscles are very heavy.
I won't tell you my exact BMI, but I'm in the "obese" category, and "morbidly obese" by some standards. The thing is, however, that I'm not morbidly obese, or even obese -- I'm overweight, certainly, but there is a difference. I'm currently working on my weight (and have been doing very well), but I will never be within the "ideal BMI" for my height; it's physically impossible. If you were to see me in public, you'd think I was a little on the stocky side, but well within a healthy range. The biggest factor in my being "obese"? Breasts. I've lost more than thirty pounds and the bras I wore before the weight loss still fit me. These puppies aren't going anywhere! (And J is very relieved.
)

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't trust these things either. I'm not the skinniest I've ever been, sure... but I'm also amazon-woman tall and carry a lot of muscle.

I think they did a test on these once and like brad pitt was considered overweight and arnold schwarzeneger (sp?) was obese or morbidly obese or something? I don't remember exactly... I'd have to look it up... but just that in and of itself told me how silly these things are.