Do you smoke?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you smoke - have you ever smoked? If you are a smoker, how do non smokers make you feel?

I used to smoke. After I had 3 youngish relatives (in their 40s) die from smoking related causes within 2 years, I quit. That was almost 15 years ago. There are times I still miss it (although with my asthma it is a good thing I quit). Occasionally I'll still light up a good quality cigar (yes cigar).

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I'm not a smoker. John is tho, and it doesn't bother me. My dad is a smoker too, and my mom is on occasion. I tried smoking when I was in high school, but I just thought it was gross! So I just never did it again.

patch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope, I don't smoke, but my parents do, and I don't like it. I don't have anything against smokers, I just hate how my mum will smoke whilst I'm sat in the same room as her, with no windows or doors open.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I smoked Marlboro red kings for 24 years, quit 3 1/2 years ago. Second best thing I ever did for myself. (First was getting the Harley.
)

I miss it sometimes, but I don't miss being sick so much, I don't miss the coughing and I sure as all heck don't miss being such a slave to the coffin nails or the money I used to spend on them.

I did not turn into "one of those" former non-smokers that judge smokers harshly, however, I can't have anyone smoke in my car or my house, because it makes me WANT ONE.

And I abjectly REFUSE to EVER pick up a cigarette again. Until, maybe, they tell me I've got only a couple of hours to live, then PASS ONE OVER and GIVE ME A LIGHT!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mum used to smoke fairly heavily, but as soon as she got pregnant with my older brother she quit and has never picked one up since. Nobody in my extended family really smoked, and we were always really active, and did a lot of sport, so nobody I hung around with never smoked either.

So no - I tried it once to be cool and thought it was the most disgusting thing. I hate going out anywhere that's smoky - my eyes and throat burn from it. My DH is very anti-smoking as well, so hopefully we can set a good example to our kids!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have smoked since I was 16 and quit cold turkey 2 years ago.

I wish I would have never started but being smoke free I can run without wheezing and coughing and I finally can breathe better again. I quit because it was making me sick and now I don't think I'd go back, ever. I think that's probably the worst choice I have ever made to smoke but of course I was pressured into it by my cousin.

my mom does smoke, though.
I wish she'd quit.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never smoked, never tried smoking. It grosses me out to no end. I can't be around people who smoke real heavily as I get nauseaus(sp?).

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a smoker. I started when I was around 11..started smoking every day when I was around 13. I smoke kool menthols. If someone doesn't want to be around smoke it doesn't bother me...I respect that.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not a smoker, but my Father was when I was younger. For some reason, when I walk past someone who is smoking I like to breathe in a smell
But I cannot handle being in an enclosed area with smoke.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I smoke, I have for several years since I was 11-12
My whole family here smokes, I wish my mom would cut down though
I am still working on that
My best friend doesn't smoke but her mom does and it never bothers here, I try not to smoke around non smokers though! But most of my friends are smokers, but what I hate is people that have the habit but cant afford it and they always call u
And of course I smoke Newport box 100's

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to smoke but I have been smoke free for 4-5 years. I lost count...well wait there was a break down about 3 years ago, but that lasted for a week.

Anyways, fiance smokes and normally I don't mind, but the kind he smokes is parliament lights. IMO they smell HORRIBLE and they make his breath taste bad.
He won't change brands though because he likes their taste too much.

He tried quitting earlier this year, but failed after one day. I guess I don't mind, but I really just gag and hate the parliament lights (mainly because I'm hesitant about kissing him).

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't smoke, my dad smoked all my life and my mom smoked while she was pregnant with me but quit when I was born. I have asthma and am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke, so I cannot be around it at all... I get very sick if I'm even in the same room as the smoke.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I smoked for about 2 years until I realized that I stunk and I got a nasty cough so I stopped.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I don't and I despise it more than anything.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love cigarettes, but I made the decision to lead a non-smoking lifestyle almost 2 years ago. Since doing that, my health has improved trememdously. I used to get strep throat every year -- now, I haven't even had a cold in 2 years. It was the best thing I could have ever done for my health

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to! been quit for about 20 weeks now (yes I am still counting that closely
) I LOVE to smoke, the only reason I quit was because I couldn't afford it anymore
I smoked Camel special lights, the most divine cigarette on earth
I'm glad I quit, don't get me wrong, but I could start again at the drop of a hat and be just as happy I think, is that weird or what?? I can totally smell it now though, I go to my parents' house, both of who smoke, and I come home and my clothes smell yucky

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am a reformed smoker.
I quit October 31, 2005!! YAY!! My husband smokes though. He tries not to smoke too much around me. He doesn't smoke in my new car either. I had no idea how bad it smelled until I quit and smell it on other people. I am very sensitive to it. I have no desire to start smoking again.