I swear I could have killed Smudge last night...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG that little cat can drive me completely bonkers sometimes!!!!

I was doing an assignment that's driving me NUTS. It's a Microsoft Access database which is very involved, and I'm try to turn a report into a very specific looking invoice and there's almost no guidance from the lecturer except "this is what your final invoice should look like". I've never done this sort of thing in Access so it's proving VERY frustrating.

So last night I spent 3 hours on it, and was getting SO incredibly annoyed, and Smudge insisted on constantly trying to annoy me. She'd try to climb my pants using her claws, then she'd fall off and run her claws down my leg (and pants)

Then she'd climb on to the desk and chew my fingers, and walk all over the keyboard. Then she'd be on the ground (I kept putting her down and telling her "NO"), and she'd try to jump up and bite any part of my arm she could reach. GRRRR!!!!

I was SO frustrated as it was, but I didn't want to throw her out and close the door because Lily was being sweet and coming in cuddling with DH, and Stumpy was curled up on the bed being sweet, and I didn't want to lock her in.

Oh my lordy, if it hadn't have been for DH's intervention I swear I would have had a hissy fit at little Smudge...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First off: I hate using Access!!!

But lil Ms. Smudge just wanted some lovin' from meowmy....how could you not love those lil squinchy eyes?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww she just wanted some snuggles....I get that way with my lil instigator Cali..She is the one that starts the Nascar Kitty 500 on my head at night...Last night it lasted for 2 hrs before I managed to completly hide myself under the covers only to wake up with one cat under there with me and two sleeping on my head!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

First off: I hate using Access!!!

But lil Ms. Smudge just wanted some lovin' from meowmy....how could you not love those lil squinchy eyes?
I could quite easily not love them last night! She was so funny though - every time I turned to yell at her, she'd stop what she was doing, and just lean against my leg and squint at me as if to say "I'm just cuddling your leg meowmy"

Originally Posted by WhosaMyHercules

Awww she just wanted some snuggles....I get that way with my lil instigator Cali..She is the one that starts the Nascar Kitty 500 on my head at night...Last night it lasted for 2 hrs before I managed to completly hide myself under the covers only to wake up with one cat under there with me and two sleeping on my head!!
DH was there for the snuggling! And she much prefers snuggling him to me - she just loves to drive me nuts! She'll be cuddling him, then walk over to me, chew on my fingers, then run back to him!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, poor little Smudge just wanted some attention, and didn't realize she was trying to get it at such a bad time.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Smudge is a two-face!! My Lily is the same way....be nice to one person, go attack another, then go back to being nice to the original one!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smudge was just trying to lend you her support - and let you know that she was there to help you in any way she could! (Unlike the other kids and DH who were apparently ignoring you!)

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She just wanted to de-stress you from your report, that's all!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

She just wanted to de-stress you from your report, that's all!
They really do try, don't they? They just do it all the wrong way. A couple of weeks ago, DH was out of town and I was desperately stressed out trying to meet a deadline. All three took turns trying to give me attention to the point, I had to shut them out of the room because my nerves couldn't take the interruptions.

Fortunately, all three forgave me and gave me cuddles afterwards.

P.S. - Anything Microsoft is a pain - it never works the way it is supposed to.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sarah, Access is a PITA, but if you need help let me know. I've actually (kinda) gotten pretty good with it.

Smudge was just trying to destress you. She knows that playing works for her, so it MUST work for Meowmy too! You needed a play-break, she was just being a good girl and trying to tell you that.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Sarah, Access is a PITA, but if you need help let me know. I've actually (kinda) gotten pretty good with it.

Smudge was just trying to destress you. She knows that playing works for her, so it MUST work for Meowmy too! You needed a play-break, she was just being a good girl and trying to tell you that.
At 11:30pm it was not appreciated!!!

All was forgiven when I woke up at 5am and had her snuggled up to my left hip, Stumpy snuggled up to my right hip, and Lily curled up on my belly

Such sweeties....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading your post I thought about all the times Jordan has made me nuts and I've yelled at him. Sometimes they do try our paitients.
Right now I can't be mad at him even when he pushed out half of the screen on the front door. I'd let him knock over the garbage can every night if he would just eat right and be OK (but don't tell him that because he'd probably do it just for fun.
)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Reading your post I thought about all the times Jordan has made me nuts and I've yelled at him. Sometimes they do try our paitients.
Just because they're cute and cuddly doesn't mean they can't drive us nuts!!!!

I had to giggle this morning - Stumpy jumped on the bed and came up to me for a snuggle, and Smudge jumped up as well, and pushed Stumpy out of the way to get the attention, and Stumpy snapped at Smudge's head!
Smudge crouched down with her ears down going into submissive mode, and Stumpy kind of went "hmmph", and ran off to the end of the bed and sulked and kept turning around to watch Smudge trying to get pats.

So I put Smudge on DH and leaned down to give Stumpy head rubs - I feel her pain...
Little kittens can be so annoying

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Poor Smudgie
She was just wanting some attention from Meowmy.

Chynna is very insistent when she wants cuddles or attention in general. Ignoring here doesn't work very well because she just gets more insistent. I find that sometimes it's just better to stop whatever it is that I'm doing and spend 5 minutes giving her the attention that she wants so that she will let me get back to whatever it was.

Work is important, but so is fostering bonds between little ones.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
access is not that hard. you will be ok once you get used to it

sounds like it was time to pick up the kitty and pet her a little. it may help you to think