Bras...I hate them

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hate bras. If I could get away with not wearing them I would. I can never get a bra strap to stay on my shoulders - they are always sliding off. It has been worse ever since I have been wearing nursing bras (pretty much constantly for 2 and a half years). I wish I was around for the bra burning era.

Do you like bras?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE THEM! I get all of mine at Victorias Secret, and I've been professionally fitted/measured, so all of mine fit like a dream. I can't even tell I'm wearing one!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. I can never find one that fits right! I need new ones & have been searching for months....but I can't afford to pay $30 a pop, either!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Nope. I can never find one that fits right! I need new ones & have been searching for months....but I can't afford to pay $30 a pop, either!!!
Why do they have to be so expensive? It is just crazy - for that much money I can get a whole outfit (on sale).

And what's with underwire - a torture device for women?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I wish I was around for the bra burning era.
Mine aren't exactly little oranges so i don't
I don't mind wearing them really. If i need new ones i always go and get measured because not all bras fit the same even though their the same size.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Yes, but its so worth it to pay a little extra. I pay $28.50 for mine at VS, and they last forever! I think its worth it, for the comfort and fit. Definately.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate them too, I can never find one that fits right and constantly deal with either the strap sliding off or one entire side just slipping off... its very uncomfortable.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate bra shopping...Since I got my nipples pierced last yr its a pain in the butt finding anything that wont hurt them. Lace is outta the question because I have opened ended rings so they snag on just about everything..So pretty much if I have to go anywhere Ive got my handy dandy VS one that its amazing and does wonders for those that belong to the "Itty Bitty" club or these nifty Hanes Her Way sports bras that are amazingly comfortable...If I dont have to wear one Im not...Undergarments are torture devices invented by evil men!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seams that run across the middle of the bra that go right over your, uhm, areola are SO, SO irritating to me. Bras with anything more than the barest minimum of a SOFT lining are completely unwearable for me. I have serious textile texture issues, and can't wear nylon or lace or anything that can scratch or irritate. It has to be 100% cotton - which doesn't give much in the way of support.

I went braless for YEARS as a size 34B, then quit smoking 3 1/2 years ago and grew these bazonkas, so now I HAVE to wear them. I'm just about popping out of my VS wireless cotton bras, and they do NOT make them in the next size up, so I don't know WHAT I'm going to do now.

If anyone can recommend a 36D or a 38B that is soft cotton, not lined, seamless, and has NO underwiring, PLEASE let me know!!! I'll pay whatever I have to to be COMFORTABLE!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Do they not do a measuring facility in the states?, because it makes a big difference.
They do, if you go into specialty stores, like Victorias Secret. I'm telling you- if your having problems finding a good fitting bra, or anything- GO THERE! They will measure you and you'll find what you need in a good fit. I swear by them!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I LOVE THEM! I get all of mine at Victorias Secret, and I've been professionally fitted/measured, so all of mine fit like a dream. I can't even tell I'm wearing one!
Did you get fitted at a VS? My size has changed and I can't seem to find a good fit anymore but I Love VS bras. I pay closer to $35-40 since I have a rather large cup size but they do last forever and are pretty comfy so I think it's worth the price.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to go to special shops for mine, because VS and dept stores don't have my size. I'm larger than 'average' or at least the average in the shops...

I wish I could only pay 30 for mine... seriously... my current one I'm wearing at the moment was about 65. and they only go up from there. If the American bra manufacturers would get a :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:' clue, and start offering their bras in larger sizes, I could get some at a lower price... but they only go up to DD. I'm larger than that. I'm not HUGE... but I'm not average either...

those of you who are smaller and wear under a DD, consider yourselves lucky... truly.

Amanda

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate bras and refuse to wear them around the house when we don't have company over. I feel too restricted by them. I only wear sports bras because normal bras are way too uncomfortable for me.

Sometimes I wish I had a smaller breast size so I could go without wearing a bra.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

They do, if you go into specialty stores, like Victorias Secret. I'm telling you- if your having problems finding a good fitting bra, or anything- GO THERE! They will measure you and you'll find what you need in a good fit. I swear by them!
I tried that and they brought me one NASTY underwire bra after another - they had NOTHING in the store that fit my shape correctly.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I really hate bras. If I could get away with not wearing them I would. I can never get a bra strap to stay on my shoulders - they are always sliding off. It has been worse ever since I have been wearing nursing bras (pretty much constantly for 2 and a half years). I wish I was around for the bra burning era.

Do you like bras?
Hate them
I don't wear one
I wear a tank top under my tops, That article of clothing had to be created by a total women hater. If I do wear one I wear Barley There ( says it all)

How about the Clothes that say " One size fits all" That is the biggest lie ever

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Did you get fitted at a VS? My size has changed and I can't seem to find a good fit anymore but I Love VS bras. I pay closer to $35-40 since I have a rather large cup size but they do last forever and are pretty comfy so I think it's worth the price.
Its completely FREE!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is difficult to get sized in Canada unless you go to a specialty shop (which is then expensive).