A story from Alaska...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As all of you know, my Mom lives in Alaska. Her back yard is full of wild life and interesting creatures that are from that part of the world. This story is about Buddy, her moose. A few years ago Mom was looking out her back window and caught sight of a beautiful red moose eating it's way through her garden. Being the nature lover that she was she just let it go, figuring the moose needed the veggies more than she did. In that time frame she named the moose "Buddy". Well, as it turned out Buddy was a girl and was pregnant, so after a while there was "Buddy" and "Little Buddy".

Well, it's been a few years and my Mom and her two moose have created a pattern. They will eat her garden, her wild strawberries, her Halloween pumpkin (spiting out the wax), and anything else that seems yummy.

Little Buddy just had her first baby a few weeks ago. The three of them stood in her back yard and munched on some dried corn that Mom had left out for them.

Keep the little baby in your prayers. It's a hard life being a moose in the wild in Alaska. Mom just wants to share her strawberries this year.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, three generations? That is so neat.

Buddy, little Buddy and Itty bitty Buddy?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Wow, three generations? That is so neat.

Buddy, little Buddy and Itty bitty Buddy?
Cute - I was thinking Buddy, little Buddy and Buddy cubed.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww thats so sweet of your mom to share with them...I know Id pee my pants if I saw a moose in my back yard..LOL...I hope she can snap some pics to share with us...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure about the name for the new one yet, I'll post it when she tells me.

She's just so impressed that they work like that. It's amazing to behold.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love moose! (Mooses? Meese?) Your mom is so wonderful for planting them a garden... oh yes please, pictures!