Pics of the new house - becoming a home!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK - this is what we get to wake up to. The view off the deck:

We have the RV with us - though not permanently situated yet.

The bathrooms my MIL put together:

Kitchen - using temporary shelving as storage, because all the cabinets, counter, everything is coming out and being redone (hopefully soon-ish!)

...and our kitchen curtains:

From the corner of the dining area looking out:

The fireplace area (wanted to get the wall hanging that ties all of our colors together with the grey-blue carpeting in the house in there
)

We're getting a new well tank which should really help with the water pressure. Then... once the kitchen is done, the house will really be a home!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh - ignore the curtains temporarily thrown up over the deck windows. Those are there so we can close them to keep out a lot of the afternoon heat. The cats - strange things that they are - lie under them in the sun and must be like a million degrees. Go figure.

Laurie

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, what a lush looking backyard! It's so healthy! (im so used to seeing lots of brown) and i LOVE the kitty curtains!

shelly's dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we have 3 cat trees up against the deck windows, 2 more at the other liv/din area windows and one tall one in the bedroom. any suggestions on what to do with the other 7? toss them in the guest bedrooms or family room that is just a storage room right now? flowerbelle's basket tree doesnt fit in this bedroom! we're thinking of taking the basket off and screwing it to the bookshelf so she has her happy place in our bedroom again.

thanks,

gary

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're only using it as sotage then maybe you could move some of it around so the kitties have more room

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that place is amazing! I wish there were places like that around here for rent!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The house looks fantastic!
Hopefully the cabinets will be done soon so you can feel completely settled!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that it is beautiful!!! Want to come and decorate mine now?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definately is looking like a home and not just a house. It is great!

Originally Posted by shelly's dad

we have 3 cat trees up against the deck windows, 2 more at the other liv/din area windows and one tall one in the bedroom. any suggestions on what to do with the other 7? toss them in the guest bedrooms or family room that is just a storage room right now? flowerbelle's basket tree doesnt fit in this bedroom! we're thinking of taking the basket off and screwing it to the bookshelf so she has her happy place in our bedroom again.

thanks,

gary
Can you take her basket off and put it on a smaller tree? You can always get an old table and screw it into the top of the table and make the rest of the table a tree by carpeting it. That way, some of your less mobile furbabies have a tabletree.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's BEAUTIFUL, Laurie and Gary. Can I come live with you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Oh my, what a lush looking backyard! It's so healthy! (im so used to seeing lots of brown) and i LOVE the kitty curtains!
"Lush" is not the word for it! It's like a jungle here! There's actually 4 more "yards" here - they snake up alongside the driveway, and it's several acres that need to be mowed. One was so overgrown we didn't even realize it was there at first! Believe me - the weight we took off moving is going to stay off with all the work we're going to have to put into the yard(s).

And Betsy - if you're willing to tend the yard, c'mon up! There's even a little gardening shed (shack, really) you can we can set up for you!

Tammy - you'll have to invite Gary's mom over for the decorating. We bought stuff we liked that was on sale - and if it works together, it's just because we got lucky. According to Gary's mom, we have WAY too much wood. But she helped us take what we have and make it work together pretty well.

I remember one of her first visits to our old house when she said "would you like me to arrange the items in the Curio?" I was so offended. Well - we let her set up the stuff in the Curio when we moved - and I gotta tell ya - it looks 1000% better than it did!

Laurie