New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is he? - Page 2

post #31 of 41
Your boy is a beautiful cat, so IMO who cares what he is? You love him just as he is... Someone earlier said that "poor quality" usually means "pet quality" - since you want Tonka for a pet, just love that sweet tempered, beautiful boy to pieces! And please post more photos!!!
post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
He looks like a Himalayan to me, I have had 3 of them...He looks like Sophia except much bigger and a different color
I don't know why it says mixed, maybe they don't think he's a purebred, who knows, I think at a shelter they are just guessing half the time. Purebred or not he's a living DOLL
Usually shelters will put breed mix or call it a domestic, even if it looks to be purebred. It is because people look to get pure breds and with out having papers there is no proof it is truely pure bred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtigress View Post
Don't mitted Ragdolls have white feet? That's why they're always being confused with Birmans, though there are differences, like that white chin cutie pie Smudge is missing. that would make him a pointed Ragdoll, right?
Smudge is a pet quality mitted. Not a pointed.
birmans have a different head shape and don't have a white chin. mitted ragdolls SHOULD have white chind, LOL! although, my smudge didn't (and neither does his brothers and sisters from this litter)
I would also like to add, smudge is pet quality, not poor quality, there is a difference. My cats are breed quality, but will produce pets (because of the lack of white on their chins) I think of smaller, sicklier, ect to be poor quality. Although breeding pet qualities (like smudge) together can result as being poor pet quality.

I think some one had mentioned that tonk is too dark to be a ragdoll, here is a picture of my seal point ragdoll, she is pretty dark. She is a show/breed quality (now spayed) girl.

post #33 of 41
Well, I got two doll faced persians, and I was specifically looking for doll faced persians, so I am pretty happy somebody bred them. I personally prefer doll faced, I think they are the cutest.
post #34 of 41
Here is mine:
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferd View Post
Here is mine:

He's SO GORGEOUS I him!!!
post #36 of 41
Bella was really gorgeous too. I've always admired her photo. Is she a cream persian?
post #37 of 41
jenniferd your baby boy is so handsome!!!!

I have a question ........... as I am not a breeder and do not know about breeding .........

Isnt the doll face Persian something that could eventually be considered "show quality"? Isnt that what breeders do better the line?

And in making the line better, changes are made to the look?

Therefore, to say something is not "show quality" doesnt mean that it wont be in the future, as the line changes?

BTW I personally LOVE the dollface Persians!
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferd View Post
Bella was really gorgeous too. I've always admired her photo. Is she a cream persian?
Thank you, Bella is a Blue/Cream Himalayan When I got Bella there was a cat there just like Tonka, same Color...just gorgeous!
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
jenniferd your baby boy is so handsome!!!!

I have a question ........... as I am not a breeder and do not know about breeding .........

Isnt the doll face Persian something that could eventually be considered "show quality"? Isnt that what breeders do better the line?

And in making the line better, changes are made to the look?

Therefore, to say something is not "show quality" doesnt mean that it wont be in the future, as the line changes?

BTW I personally LOVE the dollface Persians!
Persians all used to be doll faced, or look more like a regular cat. I think the standard started to change some 60 years (or longer) ago toard the smushy face. So over decades the standard changed and the modern look is flat smushy faced persian. So, doll faced persians are not likely to be considered show quality, I would think. I don't think any plans are made to bring the old look back as a show look.
But I personally think it would be very dissapointing if all the doll faced persians died off.
post #40 of 41
I doubt I could find a look alike in the shelter.
I really was after a specific look.
I like the long fur, short nose, big round eyes, and a round face-I just don't want that nose to be between the eyes, and the face to be so flat.
Regular cats really don't look like doll faced persians. And of course the personality of a persian is very laid back and quiet.
Which is what I wanted-I did not want the cat to bounce off the walls. And anyhow, every time I see a doll faced persian I think they are just the most adorable-I wish I could have them all. In all the different colors.
post #41 of 41
You said you stopped breeding cornish rex's because they have changed to a more refined/extreme type, but then you say you seriously doubt the doll face Persians wont come back because you would have to convince the entire Persian Breed council.

Didnt the entire Cornish Rex council have to be convinced of the changes?

What about catterys that are "catterys of excellence" from the CFA who breed doll face Persians? Would that be considered reputable?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding