Have you ever attempted to avoid a coworker?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is funny.

You know those coworkers that just start to hang around you and you don't know why?

Well the people I occassionally go to lunch with are getting sick and tired of this one guy. Actually from what I've heard management is going to fire him pretty soon (they have to wait for someone to get back from vacation first).

Anyways today we made our first attempt at ditching him. I know we're mean
Anyhoo, all 3 of us told him we were going someplace different to eat. two of us left together, the third called to see where we were going and we told him.

Well the third person shows up with another coworker and this guy (the one we were avoiding). I just got the scoop and was told that as the second car load was leaving thats when the soon-to-be-fired guy came running around the building and hopped into the car with them.
Didn't even ask where they were going or if he was invited.

PS, other than him about to be fired, we're sick of him cause all he does is brag about how great he is, he COMPLAINS all the time, and he smells...like "hi I forgot deoderant and haven't washed my clothes since I moved out of my parents house" smell.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I now have the mental image of all of you sneaking around and some poor little dorky guy running to try and catch you!!

But I have an annoying cowork aswell. Atleast she doesn't stink though!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been there done that. I got rid of my guy by finding another job....maybe I should have got him fired.....

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do, but it's because we don't get along. She gave me the silent treatment once for two months because I messed up her break schedule (by wanting to go on my lunch after being there four hours, and she wanted to go on a break even though she started her shift a half hour before (this, not me). So she lied to me and said she was going on a 15 and didn't come back for 45 minutes)

If he's gonna be gone soon, why not just deal with him? After all, there'll be plenty to laugh at later right?!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Well the third person shows up with another coworker and this guy (the one we were avoiding). I just got the scoop and was told that as the second car load was leaving thats when the soon-to-be-fired guy came running around the building and hopped into the car with them.
Didn't even ask where they were going or if he was invited.

PS, other than him about to be fired, we're sick of him cause all he does is brag about how great he is, he COMPLAINS all the time, and he smells...like "hi I forgot deoderant and haven't washed my clothes since I moved out of my parents house" smell.
Oh my gosh!!!
He sounds smelly and nervy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea this is the first job where I have purposely avoided someone just because they annoyed me THAT much.

I'm surprised they didn't get rid of him sooner, but at least they finally realised after 2 years that he just doesn't fit in (yes it takes them that long to get rid of someone here).

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try to avoid my co-workers all the time - most of them are SO negative that its so draining and I just cannot be bothered with it anymore. All they do is gossip, backstab and some are just plain nasty, even about their own friends. I was starting to pick up the habits and I hated that - so I broke away and just go there to work now.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Too many to recall. I don't like getting caught up in work gossip and politics with people i hardly know and have to be around all day!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Too many to recall. I don't like getting caught up in work gossip and politics with people i hardly know and have to be around all day!
That's smart!
I found out a coworker and our supervisor (they are friends) gossip and talk bad about others who have worked there before and most likely the rest of us in the laboratory breakroom! People in other lab departments have come up to another coworker of mine to complain about them and that they wish they would just stop. They are only embarrassing themselves and making them look all the worse. I try never to say anything bad about anyone because I don't want it to come back to me and I hate it when people do that to me!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to avoid every single one of my co-workers. Everyday.
Thank goodness I'm done there tomorrow!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

That's smart!
I found out a coworker and our supervisor (they are friends) gossip and talk bad about others who have worked there before and most likely the rest of us in the laboratory breakroom! People in other lab departments have come up to another coworker of mine to complain about them and that they wish they would just stop. They are only embarrassing themselves and making them look all the worse. I try never to say anything bad about anyone because I don't want it to come back to me and I hate it when people do that to me!
I mean as a younger person i should be the one gossiping but i found it was the older ladies who whined behind other peoples back, they had nothing better to do. Im sure you guys are different though, this was at all the different christian based op shops! Pfft

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I mean as a younger person i should be the one gossiping but i found it was the older ladies who whined behind other peoples back, they had nothing better to do. Im sure you guys are different though, this was at all the different christian based op shops! Pfft
It doesn't matter if you are religious or not. I have found either way you have people who will gossip, even though they are suppose to be setting a better example and most often the people I have come across are worse than little kids.
I am the youngest person that works in our department. You don't see me doing it, so what gives them the right to do it? As a supervisor, you should be setting a professional example.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm avoid a co-worker, no not really. I would normaly just tell them go away.
or in the case of my one boss after a few run in's he now comes in a hour after i leave/

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

That's smart!
I found out a coworker and our supervisor (they are friends) gossip and talk bad about others who have worked there before and most likely the rest of us in the laboratory breakroom!
Thats one of the issues I have with my supervisors - they are always telling their buddies who also work here about private stuff that other employees tell them. Its so not on.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Thats one of the issues I have with my supervisors - they are always telling their buddies who also work here about private stuff that other employees tell them. Its so not on.
Same. It was the younger supervisers who seemed to be like that, if i didnt want to be involved in the gossip they didn't like me very much, the older ones were really bossy and rude.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
man- ya'll should try working around some of the heifers i get stuck with on a regular basis. i swear i want to rip their heads off at least a few times a week (and i'm the nice one!)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

man- ya'll should try working around some of the heifers i get stuck with on a regular basis. i swear i want to rip their heads off at least a few times a week (and i'm the nice one!)
Lol, now i'm scared

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lol, now i'm scared
haha rightfully so!!!
our secretary is a she devil! i just try to "kill her with kindness though" i'm always nice - people see it ,so if anything ever happens- it'll come back to bite her in the tush, not me