Me and Oz are *So* in a Fight!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Okay, so Oz needs to have his claws trimmed. Badly. He's a piece of cake to do, because he's just so incredibly laidback, but I need J to help me (J holds Oz while I trim the claws -- Ozzie's just too big and unwieldy for me to do it by myself) or to have Oz be half-asleep while I do it, and we just haven't got around to doing it.

Anyway, last night I was in the kitchen, preparing my lunch for the next day, when Oz comes in and decides he wants attention. Oz is not typically a needy cat (Spike is, though), and I'm in a bit of a rush making my lunch because the season finale of Bones was on in about five minutes, so I just ignored him. Now, Spike has this thing he does where he walks up to me, stands on his hind legs, and puts his front paws on my waist, usually hooking his claws into the pockets of my jeans. Oz has never done this before, but last night he decides to do so. However ... I'm not wearing thick jeans, I'm wearing thin pyjama bottoms. Oh, and he doesn't aim for my waist -- instead, Oz sinks his claws into my bum.

Ouch, ouch, ouch!

I yelp -- the PJs are so thin I might as well not be wearing anything at all, and like I said, Ozzie's claws are in desperate need of a trim. J hears me, rushes into the kitchen, and finds me clutching my butt and glowering at the cat. Oz, meanwhile, thinks this is just great -- his two favourite humans in the same room at the same time! awesome! -- and starts begging J for attention.

So I got to spend the first few minutes of the season finale of Bones with J applying antiseptic gel and Band-Aids to my backside. How very dignified. Not to mention ever-so-romantic.

Oz and I are not currently on speaking terms (this hasn't stopped him from seeking attention from me, mind you). For quite possibly the first time in his entire life, Spike is being known as "the good cat," which is a big shift from his usual position as household scapegoat (scapecat?). And meanwhile, my butt hurts. Ozzie and me are so in a fight!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I so wish I could see video of that
Thank god there isn't any video footage!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! And I'm sorry, I'm laughing like crazy over here.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel your pain! I was sitting on the couch the other night, minding my own business when Hades came over, put his paw on my leg and promptly sneezed- while his claws were in my thigh
i have a couple nice little holes in my leg now

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

Ouch! And I'm sorry, I'm laughing like crazy over here.

But I feel for you, I really, really do!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! I'm sure that hurt but it's hard not to laugh
. You know you can't stay mad at him
. Sooner or later when he asks for some attention you will give in without hesitation. It might be because you love him or it might be because you remember what he did to you this time

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!!! Sorry to laugh.I'd like to have seen a video of that too though.
I hope your butt is ok now.