I almost made 8-Bit into a gray fur rug!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's 6:03am... 8-Bit decides that he's hungry, so he needs to wake up DH and I. The torment begins. He sniffs my ear causing me to dive under my pillow. Now on every other occasion this will cause his to back off and wait, but not today. He sat on top of the pillow and purred. It was like being under a furry jackhammer, and then I started to sweat.

DH, no longer being able to ignore my moaning protests finally rolled over. He got a swat to the nose.

DH fully expected to see my head when he rolled over, but when he saw 8-Bit he thought that they had finally eaten me and were going to move on to him.

The boys are now going to be banned from the bedroom. I need my sleep.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor thing. They really love you remember

It's ok, as soon as i roll over Cleo clamps her claws around my hair and i cant move because it is curly and gets knotty when i sleep. I feel for you

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are trying to break Ari of doing his "white fur rug" imitation. Cute, but detrimental to his health and ours if we fall on him.

As for threats - Ari is used to the one of being made into a white fur purse with a 14" strap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

We are trying to break Ari of doing his "white fur rug" imitation. Cute, but detrimental to his health and ours if we fall on him.

As for threats - Ari is used to the one of being made into a white fur purse with a 14" strap.
Why do they have to be so funny about it? I mean, as I was yelling protests I was also laughing!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
8-bit has such personality
Sorry for your lack of sleep.. Princess wakes me up almost every day, even though she has food in her bowl she meows at the closet where the food is. I really don't get it... but she is so darn cute and that little "mew!" is cute too.

I often tell mine that she is lucky she is so darn cute!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last night I didnt get off here till 2 am and then I laid down with Fluffernutter, Trotter and Cali...Everything was fine. Until I had to cover up. EVERYONE was up playing Nascar for 2 hrs with my head as the race track!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh...I think collectively we could all make a pretty nice fuzzy blankie!! LOL

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your boys never cease to make me laugh with their antics, LOL

Cats are like perpetual toddlers in the "terrible 2" stage of life.

Both of my kitties still do stuff like that to wake me up but I resist and now at least they do it at a more sane hour like 8 or 9 am.

If you ban your kitties from the bedroom I think you will get even less sleep because they will be pawing at the door and crying to be let in most of the night. I'd take the lesser of the 2 evils and be woken up at 6am but a cute furry kid over all night tantrums any day

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8-Bit sounds like he has the energy of my 1 year old and 2 year old combined. At least be happy you don't have to deal with poopie diapers!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes the wonderful furry alarm clock I have one of those as well. However mine is not trying to get me up to feed him he just wants to lay down in the spot that I have already pre-warmed for him. It is a good thing they are so cute or Sassy would have been a furry pair of slippers along time ago.

I do seek my revenge though by tickling his feet when he is trying to sleep. I usually get the evil eye stare as he stocks away to find somewhere less annoyng to nap.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I do seek my revenge though by tickling his feet when he is trying to sleep. I usually get the evil eye stare as he stocks away to find somewhere less annoyng to nap. [/color]
OMG! I thought I was the only one who did stuff like that, LOL

My cats want attention at all kinds of "inconvenient" times, such as when I'm trying to sleep, in the bathroom or eating. So I go and demand attention from them when they are doing those things too,

However, it doesn't even phase them. When they are sleeping, they just roll over and lap up the attention. If I bug them while they are eating, they carry on eating anyway. And if they are in the litterbox and I'm bugging them, they keep right on doing what they're doing and ignore me.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I often stay bolt still if I wake before the alarm. Any hint of movement/awareness is opportunity for the furry alarm clock to leap into action...the jackhammer purring, the head sitting, the ear sniffing, the hair licking...and the ultimate, the paw bonk on the nose.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kick them out of the bedroom and put some earplugs in. Our girls learnt pretty fast that they had to behave if they wanted to be in the bedroom.

Even now if they drive me nuts at 2am, they get kicked out and the door is closed.

When I open the door in the morning, they are all waiting to come in, and they race straight onto the bed purring and snuggling and begging to be forgiven

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you should really write a tv show about these funny kitty antics- i swear it'd be a hit!!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Rut ro...

Somehow kicking them out of the bedroom doesn't seem like something they will approve of
I think that would make for a undie hauling episode!