The best gift from a bf or DH?!?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is the best thing your DH or bf has suprised you with, whether it be for holiday or birthday or just because he felt like it!?!

*Our first V-Day together Dave went to Wal-Mart after work, on V-Day, and got me a new super fuzzy warm blankie, a giant 2 lb bag of mini snickers, a curling iron and a GIANT teddy bear....* Hes not the most romantic shopper but man he knows how to get right to my heart. Im a cheesy so stuff like that means a little more to me that the usual flowers chocolate or jewelry. Dont get me wrong tho Im still holding out for him to surprise me with something glittery...Like a new engagement ring (my mom gave us her old wedding set but Im not a fan of gold...it makes me look yellow)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOSTERS!!!!!
My sweet, sweet australian shepherd!!!

Colin and i went to the animal shelter one weekend (this was before i started working there ) to "just look" at the dogs there and walk some of them for the day. After walking all of the adult dogs ( everyone wants to give attention to the puppies, so we purpousely walk the older dogs when we visit.) and taking them outside to the doggie runs, we fell in love with one dog called "Noah". He was found on a street called Noah Lane near our house-so that's how he got his name. We left the shelter that day after spending several hours playing with and walking the dogs. I mentioned to Colin how much i liked Noah...and he didn't really respond, so i went about the next two days thinking he wasn't planning on adopting a dog for a while....boy was i happily mistaken! On a tuesday afternoon, he picked me up from work when my car was in the shop and we stopped by the house for a bit. When we got out of the truck, he told me he wanted to show me the new sprinkler system he had set up in his backyard....i thought nothing of it since he is the biggest Home Depot freak i know....but when Colin opened the fence, "Noah" was sitting right there wagging his tale at me!!! i was so excited to see him! Colin had pulled the best surprise on me and i couldn't be happier...We both have fallen in love with the him and we changed his name to Fosters since it sounded more Australian than Noah. (even though aussie's are acutally from america
) He's the best thing that could have happened to us!! I just adore him sooo much- he's my little fluffy baby

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some years ago I found myself involved in a long distance relationship with a guy from Denmark. We met through one of those dating services and really clicked. We were "together" for 18 months but a couple months before I was to go there on a holiday we decided to call it quits for a variety of reasons.

Anyway, we used to send each other all kinds of stuff in the mail. The first thing he ever sent me was a single red rose. I was blown away by that because not only was it very sweet and totally unexpected, but it was also symbolic of something he had said to me about something I reminded him of.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he wasn't my boyfriend -- in fact, we've never met in person at all. But online and by phone, Tim and I have been dear friends for eleven years now.

Tim lives up north where the climate is actually livable, and over the years, he's heard an awful lot of whining and griping from me about the heat here in Texas. A few years ago, he phoned me one morning around Easter to tell me that he'd woken up to a blanket of snow! This news, coming to me as it did on a steamy 90-degree day that was only a gentle foretaste of the crippling heat I knew would come that summer, actually made me teary-eyed with yearning.

The next day, FedEx arrived at my door about 10:00am with a huge box overnighted from Tim's hometown. On it was a note saying, "DO NOT OPEN! Call me immediately!" So I called Tim, and he stayed on the phone with me while I opened the package.

Inside the outer box was another box, packed in slabs and wedges of styrofoam all around. Inside the inner box were styrofoam peanuts surrounding a large plastic picnic cooler. Inside the cooler were many wrapped packages of dry ice. And tucked down inside the layers of dry ice was a large Thermos container. When I took the lid off of the Thermos, I couldn't believe what I saw.

Snow. Perfect flakes and crystals of snow, not the least bit melted during their overnight trip, but light and fluttery when I shook the Thermos over my head, and delicious when Tim assured me he'd collected the snow from an edibly pristine drift.

So Tim listened, grinning to himself, while I laughed, and tasted, and made a tiny snowball, and danced under the last few fluttering flakes from the Thermos. It was silly and foolish and absurdly expensive and without a doubt the most wonderful gift anyone has ever given me!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband got my engagement ring for Christmas of 2005.
he sent me on a treasure hunt to find it

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They give gifts????!!!! Why hasn't anyone told John?!?!? LOL. Seriously though, he's never given me a gift... not even for V-Day or Christmas. BUT, he lets me have all of my fur kids, so that's good enough for me!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Well, he wasn't my boyfriend -- in fact, we've never met in person at all. But online and by phone, Tim and I have been dear friends for eleven years now.

Tim lives up north where the climate is actually livable, and over the years, he's heard an awful lot of whining and griping from me about the heat here in Texas. A few years ago, he phoned me one morning around Easter to tell me that he'd woken up to a blanket of snow! This news, coming to me as it did on a steamy 90-degree day that was only a gentle foretaste of the crippling heat I knew would come that summer, actually made me teary-eyed with yearning.

The next day, FedEx arrived at my door about 10:00am with a huge box overnighted from Tim's hometown. On it was a note saying, "DO NOT OPEN! Call me immediately!" So I called Tim, and he stayed on the phone with me while I opened the package.

Inside the outer box was another box, packed in slabs and wedges of styrofoam all around. Inside the inner box were styrofoam peanuts surrounding a large plastic picnic cooler. Inside the cooler were many wrapped packages of dry ice. And tucked down inside the layers of dry ice was a large Thermos container. When I took the lid off of the Thermos, I couldn't believe what I saw.

Snow. Perfect flakes and crystals of snow, not the least bit melted during their overnight trip, but light and fluttery when I shook the Thermos over my head, and delicious when Tim assured me he'd collected the snow from an edibly pristine drift.

So Tim listened, grinning to himself, while I laughed, and tasted, and made a tiny snowball, and danced under the last few fluttering flakes from the Thermos. It was silly and foolish and absurdly expensive and without a doubt the most wonderful gift anyone has ever given me!
That is just the sweetest story ever!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides him letting me get the kitters I got a camelback for Christmas. Its the only thing I have really wanted and not gotten for myself. He picked the perfect one for me. 1.5 liters and a little pocket for my ID and cell phone while I ride! I love it!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sweetest one was one year on Valentines when I was still in school in England, he sent me a teddy bead with a diamond necklace and a card for every day that we were going to be apart.

The best one since has been an art tablet pen mouse set for graphics, not at all romantic, but generally he is useless with gifts and his friends assure me he had no help as they don't have a clue what it is now but it was perfect

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
The prettiest one was a silver heart locket and chain, i have a teeeeny weeny picture in there of us from our first anniversary. And the best most usefull thing ive ever got was my camera! Ive had it 3 months now and i have so many quality pictures

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I turned 40 Neil had a surprise birthday party for me (I found out my accident a couple days before as I had ordered a cake for the office and when I went to pick it up the counter person said which cake-oops!!) Anyhow I didn't have to do I thing but have fun and open presents (from him a bottle of Dom and a gift cert to a day spa).
The other was I had been out of town in February traveling for work at the time for a few days-finally got home and opened the garage door and in the stall was a red ATV (yes it was a Valentine day present) Had to wait until he got home as I didn't know how to operate one at the time!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

FOSTERS!!!!!
My sweet, sweet australian shepherd!!!

I mentioned to Colin how much i liwe changed his name to Fosters since it sounded more Australian than Noah. (even though aussie's are acutally from america
) He's the best thing that could have happened to us!! I just adore him sooo much- he's my little fluffy baby
I love your dog! He has a beautiful coat.

(i'm from english and hungarian relatives, not americans so ner)

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, DH is always great with gifts. But, in 2005, for my birthday, he had pre-ordered Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which happened to be released the day of my birthday! As I was opening presents, he had written on a card an "IOU" for a gift, but I wouldn't know what it was until midnight that night. He took me to Borders and I was really excited because I LOVE reading.

I know, it wasn't glittery, it wasn't typically romantic, but dangit, it was soooo me.

The only other one is an IOU for a trip to Cedar Point later that same summer. The day we went is the day he proposed...next to the Millenium Force, lol.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepperpot and Sugarly. It was a week before we were married. We saw them the night before at the petstore and I just fell in love, but thought that we weren't going to get a cat until after the wedding. Well, I came to the apartment the next day after work and the door was locked....my DH wouldn't let me in - said I would be mad. (ya - right). finally I get in and see 2 precious little furbabies (my 1st ever cats). Peeps - or torti girl and Sugie (RIP) my dainty little princess with the black toupe and tail on an otherwise white body. Honestly - that topped my engagement ring I got from him on Christmas 2 years earlier.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

The day we went is the day he proposed...next to the Millenium Force, lol.
I love that roller coaster - I love that whole park! I think that is romantic!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

My husband got my engagement ring for Christmas of 2005.
he sent me on a treasure hunt to find it
Is the treasure hunt a West Virginia thing?
My husband threatened me with that for Christmas eve 2004. We were having 12 people over for dinner, and I kept telling him I would have too many things to do to go looking for the ring (I know, I'm a spoilsport!). So, the night before Christmas eve he comes home from work. I'm in the kitched getting things ready for the next day and he comes in and says he picked up an ornament for us at the mall...come and see it. So, I went over to the tree and there was a beautiful gold bell hanging on it with our names and the year engraved on it. And, around the gold cord hanger was a diamond ring. Now, I wasn't expecting this and my first thought was, "How cute, they even included a ring....WHAT!...Wait a minute...." (yeah, I have my blond moments!) I just started bawling! DH said "I take that as a yes???". Honestly, I really didn't believe he was serious about getting married until I saw it..he was NOT the marrying kind for years!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was our first Easter together. DH gave me a treasure hunt as a surprise. The real surprise, however, was a diamond necklace.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat's great with gifts, and there have been a lot of wonderful surprises over the years, but the absolute best were Tailer and Forest.

He found Tailer behind a village hall that was one of his customers. When he pulled up he heard a terrible screaming...like a child being hurt. He investigated, and tracked the source of the noise to a tiny two-pound scrawny, dirty kitten. He was in a cage waiting for the county animal control to pick him up and put him down. When Pat approached him, he immediately started rubbing himself against the bars and purring really loudly. That was all Pat could take...he busted him out of the cage and took off with him...and saw the animal control truck pulling in as he pulled out with his little jailbreaker! A trip to the vet later, Pat gave him to me as a birthday present.

Forest was in a cage at our vet's. He had been abandoned in a dumpster and the vet took him in until a home could be found for him. It was six months later that I saw him and fell in love with the wobbly, bobbly handicapped kitten. I pleaded with Pat to get him. I told him that fur was the traditional first anniversary present (and he knows I only like fur when it's still breathing). He said no...but went back a few days later and adopted him for me for our first anniversary.

It means a whole lot to me that they were both rescues instead of purchased cats. It shows how well he knows me and understands what my values are.