Someone help! (customer gripe)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been on the phone with a potential customer for literally 3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im about to pull my hair out!

But it's a HUGE account so I guess I have to suffer

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's almost 11:00 at night! A three hour conversation??man that person must be long winded!!! Just be honest and tell the customer that you're sorry, but it is getting late and you need to be getting to bed so you can take care of your children tomorrow,etc. Ask what a good time to continute the conversation would be and call back at another time.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at least you can chat with us while its going!
Good luck with that call, I don't know if I could stand being on the phone that long with someone!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
How about i make funny faces to keep the phone call entertaining?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 hours??? You poor thing! Is it a productive call, as in, is something actually getting done? Is he spending 3 hours complaining about something? Or is it just the fact that he doesn't have anyone else to talk to and he's just gabbing?

I feel for you, hon!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry
maybe they are enjoying talking to you.

but i did that once to person who called me about buying water proofing for my basment, i talked to them for like hour before i told them i lived in a apartment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

How about i make funny faces to keep the phone call entertaining?
DH was doing that while I was on the phone
Originally Posted by calico2222

3 hours??? You poor thing! Is it a productive call, as in, is something actually getting done? Is he spending 3 hours complaining about something? Or is it just the fact that he doesn't have anyone else to talk to and he's just gabbing?

I feel for you, hon!
Yeah, it was a customer for a HUGE roof. He wanted to discuss every little detail of the job. But it paid off.... I just got the faxed signed contract

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you have to endure alot for betting the customer!! Hopefully you cna get the job completed with minimal interference.