It must be pretty cold in there....

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my fridge, that is. I just pulled out a bottle of Mudshakes (4% alcohol, vanilla vodka, yummy!) and its frozen solid.
I think I need to turn the temperature up if its starting to freeze the alcohol!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Vodka froze?????
that is weird!!!!! Vodka usually doesn't freeze- but i guess since it wasn't pure vodka, that's why

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! That's what I was thinking - alcohol's usually pretty resistant to freezing. I didn't think it was that cold in there...

Here I am, hoping for a little bit of a drink after an 11 hour work day, and I have to wait for it to defrost now!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

I know! That's what I was thinking - alcohol's usually pretty resistant to freezing. I didn't think it was that cold in there...

Here I am, hoping for a little bit of a drink after an 11 hour work day, and I have to wait for it to defrost now!
take the vodka bottle out and sit it in a bowl of warm water - it will defrost without damaging the bottle

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestion, I might have to do that!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
oh oh oh yum. I havent had one of those in a couple of years. They have dairy in them, thats why they would freeze

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey wait, no drinking unless you invite us to join

hehe i am bored and could use a drink

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwww....on second though, maybe there's something wrong with that bottle other than being frozen.....

I just checked, and none of the other bottles are like that! Its sort of like a mudslide so there's some sort of milk/dairy product in there to make it creamy...maybe that bottle just went bad or something.
I don't see how one bottle can be mostly solid, and the others totally liquid otherwise. Gross!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Ewwww....on second though, maybe there's something wrong with that bottle other than being frozen.....

I just checked, and none of the other bottles are like that! Its sort of like a mudslide so there's some sort of milk/dairy product in there to make it creamy...maybe that bottle just went bad or something.
I don't see how one bottle can be mostly solid, and the others totally liquid otherwise. Gross!
Was the bottle to one side of the fridge, and not in the middle? When id buy iceypoles or icecreams and stick it in the chest freezer, the ones on the outside freeze first.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Was the bottle to one side of the fridge, and not in the middle? When id buy iceypoles or icecreams and stick it in the chest freezer, the ones on the outside freeze first.
Its weird...its on the middle shelf, towards the inside (so edge of the shelf, two bottles in front, and this cold on behind that). The water and the milk on the top shelf are fine, as is the cheesecake I'm eating that was below that.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in my fridge, if something is stuck in the back, it will start to get frozen.
haha, i was trying to pour out some ice tea and got confused cause nothing would come out(i just woke up, so it took me a second or 2 before i noticed ice blocking.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mudslide sounds SO good right now!!

All I've got here at the house is Cap'n Morgans Coconut.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My moms mudslide used to freeze all the time in the fridge. While nothing else would. I think thats just how those products are. Hers was never bad she would just wait for it to defrost and go to town..lol..

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, that's a relief! They're a little on the pricey side as far as my alcoholic purchases are concerned, and I'm very fond of them, so it would be a shame for a bottle to go to waste!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drank a non-frozen bottle.
We'll see about that other one another time. But mmmmmmm, it was good!