Grey's Anatomy spinoff...

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What do you think? Do you think it will work? Did you like the two hour episode??

I myself am not sure what I think about it at this time. For some reason, spinoffs just don't seem to work. I really dont understand why she would risk leaving Grey's Anatomy for something that might not work. I didn't really care for her parts of that episode that were in LA (right?). I just wanted them to get back to Seattle Grace. I guess it will be different if I intentionally watch her new show....

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I totally agree with you. I don't see it working, at all. Of all of the characters, Addison is probably the one I care the least about, and would be least likely to follow to another show.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am heartbroken that it is almost over for the season.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the 2 hour episode and i liked it, I am actually looking forward to this spinoff, I think it might work! Only time to tell, there really isnt much on t.v any more thats good imo! I have my shows I watch but hey i think the spin off is worth a try

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

W I really dont understand why she would risk leaving Grey's Anatomy for something that might not work.
She is not risking her job by having a new show. I have read multiple places that it says in her new contract that if the spin-off is not successful she is garunteed to be allowed back on Grey's Anatomy. Addison isn't my favorite but I am glad that they are showing more about the other characters, Merideth and Derek are getting really boring IMO. I hope they will continue showing us new details about the characters that aren't considered as important. But whatever I just love shows that give insight on minor characters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bakearama

She is not risking her job by having a new show. I have read multiple places that it says in her new contract that if the spin-off is not successful she is garunteed to be allowed back on Grey's Anatomy.
That's good to know. I didn't like her much when she first came into the picture... I think that was the point though. I do like her character now though. Kate Walsh is such a beautiful woman. It is hard not to like her. I would do anything to get my hair that color!! I try... it just doesn't work or last long.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I totally agree with you. I don't see it working, at all. Of all of the characters, Addison is probably the one I care the least about, and would be least likely to follow to another show.
I totally agree.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this is so, but...

Paul Adelstein, Special Agent Paul Kellerman on Prison Break is supposedly on this new show. They left his *death* sort of up in the air on Prison Break and some speculate that he may return if the spin off doesn't do well. IF that is the case, I hope the spinoff goes straight down the toilet, cause I loved his character on Prison Break. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy so that's all I have to offer.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't like it much either, I also just wanted to watch what happened at Seattle but they are going to keep this spinoff as a summer show. If there is nothing much else to watch, I will probably watch it to see if it gets any better, right now I'm not crazy about it. I am more interested in what George and Izzy are up too, lol.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wished they didn't jump so much in the two hour show. It was hard to like the spin-off. I don't mind the actors/actresses on the spin-off but I think it's too soon.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

I'm actually looking forward to the spinoff. I'm not so satisfied with Greys lately to be honest. Addison and these new people may bring a fresh view of quirky medical life.
i liked it, i'll probably try it unless it conflicts with something else i watch.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

I'm actually looking forward to the spinoff. I'm not so satisfied with Greys lately to be honest. Addison and these new people may bring a fresh view of quirky medical life.

And I'm quite fond of Chris Lowell.

At first I wasn't liking the sound of the spin off. And I wasn't even going to watch it. Until people kept telling me it was really good. So I ended up watching it the following day and I liked it more than i thought I would have.

I'll watch it as long as it doesn't interfere with any of my existing shows.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

To me Addison is a secondary character and I don't care enough about her to watch her show

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the two hour episode, but I have absolutely no interest in watching the spinoff. This is just my opinion, but I thought it seemed dumb, especially the part where Addison is in the elevator and hears a "voice".

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

I watched the two hour episode, but I have absolutely no interest in watching the spinoff. This is just my opinion, but I thought it seemed dumb, especially the part where Addison is in the elevator and hears a "voice".
i thought that was really weird & stupid, until they explained it. then i thought it was funny!

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't think the characters were believeable. They seemed more like charactatures than people. I'll probably watch if it doesn't conflict with something else I like though.