Wild Salmon Oil ..whats it for?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was over at Timber Wolf reading some stuff and I noticed they sale this. Whats it for? Does anyone know what you would use this for?

nausicaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's used to supplement your cat's diet (drizzled over wet or raw food). Great for a shiny coat and healthy heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read on another site they said giving it 2 times a week is good. Does that sound right? How much do you use? I may have to order some through TO next pay day when I put in my TO order.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that it goes bad (rancid) pretty easily...not sure if that's true, or if refrigeration is the answer to that problem or not.

I use capsules from the health food store.

nausicaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read on another site they said giving it 2 times a week is good. Does that sound right? How much do you use? I may have to order some through TO next pay day when I put in my TO order.
Sorry, I don't actually use it.
Instead, I just feed mine salmon.

Twice a week...is that in gel-cap form? What does the TimberWolf website say?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a liquid so I assume it needs to be refrigerated after its opened.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It can go bad fast ...

Mine don't like it thou it is very good ... Mine used Nordic naturals and it worked great ...

it is for skin coat and heart / vision

nausicaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As long as you keep it refrigerated, I wouldn't worry about it going rancid too quickly. I'm pretty sure even if you buy the gel-caps you should refrigerate them after opening the bottle.
(Or at least that's my mum, who has never seen a supplement she didn't like, told me.)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nausicaa

As long as you keep it refrigerated, I wouldn't worry about it going rancid too quickly. I'm pretty sure even if you buy the gel-caps you should refrigerate them after opening the bottle.
NOt usually as most are encased in a gelatin capsule and often have additional vit E helping keep them fresh

ALL Fish oil supplement s( liquid) should be used in 60-90 days evan when refriderated