This is making me cry

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just gave Confetti a bath. She is waaayyy thinner than I thought.
She meowed out when I was rubbing the shampoo on her spine, there is no meat anywhere on her body. She has these little chicken legs & this little body on top of those legs & that it is. I mean, I could clearly see her ribs & spine when she was wet. They are only slightly noticeable when she's dry.

She looks absolutely horrible!
And she has something on the fur of her backhalf that isn't overly noticeable, but I couldn't get it to wash out. Poor kid. 7 weeks old & already been through a lot.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My little Smudgey was like that when we first got her - just a pile of skin and bones, and now she's a happy, podgey little thing.

Have you tried giving her Gerber chicken or beef baby food? Smudge LOVED that!

Once I got her diarrhea under control, I made up a mush for her which was:

Pedialyte
High Calorie cat/kitten supplement
Gerber baby food
KMR
High quality tinned food

I mixed it all together and kept it in a container, then just took small amounts at a time, heated it up a bit, then gave her that. I would usually mix in more Pedialyte with it as well to make it more mushy, and this was the turning point for her - she had been losing weight, but started gaining weight with this mush, which she loved.

I mean, one difference between Smudge and Confetti is that Smudge has ALWAYS loved her food. She also got wormed about the same time I changed her diet, so we're not sure if she also had some sort of worms as well.

I believe I still have the high calorie kitty supplement, and don't need it anymore, so if you want I can send it to you (I'm not sure how easy it is to find in pet stores, this was a fairly specialty pet store).

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, you'll get her nice and healthy, Natalie! And when you do, ship her on over to me

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

You will have her all healthy and happy in no time, you do great work
I was thinking the same thing

But poor baby, she has been through so much already
But u will get her back to healthy in no time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Awww, you'll get her nice and healthy, Natalie! And when you do, ship her on over to me
Gladly!!

She did eat about 2oz of Tiki Cat today. I had left some out on a plate & the more she gets comfortable here....the more she comes out to eat. She eats best when no one is around & the house is quiet(which is a rare occuarnce with my zoo).

I've got her on the high calorie supplement, that was the first thing she got when she came home. She's just so young to be so thin. I wonder what happened to mom & how young this poor lil girl has been on her own?
And what about the rest of her litter?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pedialyte High Calorie cat/kitten supplement Gerber baby food KMR High quality tinned food QUOTE said:
I cant get everything on that list but I would like to try that for Fluffernutter to pork him up. Dave is getting pedialyte, gerber food, and good wet food....What proportions do you think I should mix these...Or should I just kinda mix it evenly with the foods and add pedialyte to make it mushier? I even think the kitties would like the pedialyte as a drink, the like to steal my koolaid if I have a glass before I go to bed..

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've got her on the high calorie supplement, that was the first thing she got when she came home. She's just so young to be so thin. I wonder what happened to mom & how young this poor lil girl has been on her own?
And what about the rest of her litter?
Good to hear she's eating a bit! Smudge was the same, she was so tiny for her age, and at 8 weeks old was nowhere near the 2lbs was supposed to be. We also have no idea about her mum and litter - I guess since they don't have their mums milk to make them big and strong, they end up as little runts!

WhosaMyHercules;1782483 said:
Originally Posted by Pedialyte
High Calorie cat/kitten supplement
Gerber baby food
KMR
High quality tinned food

I cant get everything on that list but I would like to try that for Fluffernutter to pork him up. Dave is getting pedialyte, gerber food, and good wet food....What proportions do you think I should mix these...Or should I just kinda mix it evenly with the foods and add pedialyte to make it mushier? I even think the kitties would like the pedialyte as a drink, the like to steal my koolaid if I have a glass before I go to bed..
We just made it up
Just the gerber food (plain meat and water, nothing else), pedialyte for hydration, and the tinned food will be a huge help for any little kitten

Good luck!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The poor baby...it's amazing how quickly they can bounce back once you get some good food in them.

She's lucky to have a good foster meowmy