What are your kitties funny habits?

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if this would be considered a habit, but whenever Twix is hot she pants. Yes, like a dog!
Maybe it's genetic 'cause I've seen some of her kittens do that too.

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think there must be some cats that like to act like dogs because my cousin's old cat Austin liked to play fetch with his catnip mice. I have also seen many cats scratch thier heads like dogs.
Jainy's funny habit is chewing on book covers. She won't chew on the actual book, only the cover. She even does this to paperback books it is very strange. She also likes to climb into kleenex boxes and pop out when I reach for a tissue.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have a weird cat
PHX pants like a dog, plays fetch, likes to tear up paper (note book paper. or cardboard). He headbutts me against my head and follows me around the house. I think it's really cute though because see I keep the turtle food and the cat treats in the same spot... so when I go to feed the turtle... PHX expects me to give him his treats as well. He stands up on his back legs and tries to reach on top of the entertainment center- where the treats are... sooo cute

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost every night, around midnight...Leopold sticks his head into the cubbyhole where the cat toys are, and he pulls out a certain toy, carries it in his teeth to the kitchen, meowing all the while...with the toy in his mouth...then he drops it on the kitchen floor. He repeats the process for 4 more toys. He always leaves the rest of the toys in the cubbyhole.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mittens goes into the cabinet and pulls down the dry food onto the floor and she puts her paw under my bedroom door and starts shaking it on weekends when I sleep in so I have to get up so she will not wake up the whole house.

Cassy likes to make believe she wants to go outside, she knows I don't want her outside, but she does it when she is angry at Mittens or when she wants to eat.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a nasty habit of checking my face for zits in a full length mirror in the hallway as I pass by..

Well, Princess sits by me when I do it and meows like crazy, jumping around, rubbing up against my feet and just overly being obnoxious.

Maybe she thinks I'm playing with that kitty on the other side of the glass?
lol

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoalily

I'm not sure if this would be considered a habit, but whenever Twix is hot she pants. Yes, like a dog!
Maybe it's genetic 'cause I've seen some of her kittens do that too.
Trout pants when she plays too hard

Originally Posted by bakearama

I think there must be some cats that like to act like dogs because my cousin's old cat Austin liked to play fetch with his catnip mice.
Trout loves fetch too..I got a good video of it yesterday, but can't upload it because it takes too long
:censor::censor::censor::censor:!

Originally Posted by mybabyphx

He headbutts me against my head and follows me around the house.
Trout is a big headbutter, I think it is adorable..she smears her wet nose on me

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont think my older cats have any odd habits..Both of them have gotten pretty sedate and into their routine together. However the kittens have a new game that they like...Running over mommy and daddys head while they are trying to sleep....Which is now why the babies are not allowed in the bedroom once Dave gets off work...He didnt get to sleep till 12 this afternoon and worked a 12 hrs workday....He was a grump when I woke him up...

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duke climbs up on my chest every night when i'm reading my book in bed and headbutts the book until I rub his nose.
Sibohan tries her darndest to get her entire body into my purse whenever she sees it (I keep my purse in the closet)