Book Marks

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I know a lot of us read but I was wondering how you mark your pages. I recently bought a pretty pressed flower book mark. I used to use sticky notes. Or I folded the corder of the page (I know you damage the books that way but normally they are passed around and around anyway). What do you use?

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I used to have a problem with bookmarks. I'd chew on them, fold them or otherwise destroy them while reading.

A few years ago somebody gave me some bookmarks made of fabric. (she got them from a missionary, they had been made by some artisan in Africa) They're pretty and I can fold them as much as I want and it doesn't damage them. (I managed to stop the chewing though)

Other times I use sticky notes, especially for school readings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm a corner folder, my bookmarks always manage to fall out
I have some cute lady bug ones that clip onto the pages that shouldn't fall out. And they are adorable!! I think I got them at Barnes & Noble

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I have some cute lady bug ones that clip onto the pages that shouldn't fall out. And they are adorable!! I think I got them at Barnes & Noble
I had a kitty one that I believe was kitty-snatched!! I'll find it under the couch or fridge one day

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use either post its (for school related stuff) or my business cards. I have 500 of them and any place I've worked at I NEVER run out.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use bookmarks, but I usually remember where I was in the book when I stopped reading -- it's not like I memorize the page, but if the bookmark falls out, I almost always find the page again really quickly.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an avid corner folder... I chew on my bookmarks constantly. I suppose that's better then chewing my nails though, isn't it?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Or I folded the corder of the page (I know you damage the books that way but normally they are passed around and around anyway). What do you use?
this is what i always do, unless i'm borrowing the book from someone. since i usually purchase mine, i dogear. otherwise, my sister gave me a nice cat-themed metal bookmark that i use.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I use a piece of paper generally, usually the print out from the library telling me when the books are due back.
Good way to remember when they're due back.

I used to chew on bookmarks when I was younger, now I just use any spare piece of paper that's at hand. Even if I bought the books I couldn't bring myself to fold corners, I see that as ruining something I spent money on.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will fold corners, used the book jacket if its a hard cover or sometimes just flip the open book upside down. While I have bookmarkers I rarely use them!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use the advertising freebies from the library. I had a cute kitty bookmark, with a tassel but, some four-legged thief made off with it.