Yea my new kitchen floor!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
David was so sweet this weekend, he took vacation days and took me to Home Depot and got me a new kitchen floor. Of course we had to do all the work ourselves and I got the crappy part cuz I wasnt allowed to lay down tile so I wouldnt mess it up..LOL...But all in all Im estatic with the results...

This is the crappy floor...

The spot under the stove...Icky Icky Icky...See why I needed a new one!

Halfway mark. I had to go over all the white spots with a putty knife and scrape it all off so nothing was uneven...Not a fun task.

The floor with the dirty stove over it...But its still purdy!!

A big view of the part of the floor...

A close up of my new tile!!!! I cant wait to have the whole room finished. We are painting the walls a slate blue and keeping the half paneling on the bottom. My kitchen looks huge now and just so pretty...I cant wait till I get to mop it. But Im not allowed till the end of the week so I dont mess up the glue that we had to put down....

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

It looks really nice! Did you install it yourself?

For a second, I thought the first pic was you new tile, and thought, "Oh, no!"
LOL! Me too-my first thought was- oh no, it's dirty already!

The new tile looks great!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love it. We did all the work ourselves. It took three days to get the kitchen done and then Sunday we ripped up the carpeting in our living room to find out that some butthead put ugly white carpet over top of beautiful hardwood floors. So next project will be sanding down the living room and dining room floors and restaining them. The dining room is going to be stained a mocha cherry and the living room will be a honey wood color. Im hoping that will be done at the end of the summer or beginning of the fall. Our big summer project is going to be finishing building the bar in a room in our basement. Dave started this with his roommates but noone wanted to finish so Im going to get started on that. We are hoping to be able to sell the house in about 5-10 yrs. So we would like to do all the projects we can by ourselves. Im hoping we dont need any major outside help to keep the cost down. It only cost us 80 dollars for the kitchen floor and 20 for the paint. Not bad for an entire room being redone.

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks a lot better than the last one did. I also thought the first pictue was the new floor and thought "Yuck why would someone want to put that there?" But then I figured it out. Have you heard about the new flooring called Pergo (I think) they make gorgeous floors that look just like your new one that are in only a few pieces. You snap them together and cut some to fit and the whole floor looks wonderful.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks beautiful! And I'm sure the hardwood will too once it's redone... make sure to post pictures when it's finished!!

Originally Posted by bakearama

It looks a lot better than the last one did. I also thought the first pictue was the new floor and thought "Yuck why would someone want to put that there?" But then I figured it out. Have you heard about the new flooring called Pergo (I think) they make gorgeous floors that look just like your new one that are in only a few pieces. You snap them together and cut some to fit and the whole floor looks wonderful.
We had that... it actually was NOT as easy as it was supposed to be. The second time we put it in (yes, we had to rip up the first stuff four or five months after it was put in!
) was much easier, though... maybe installing it comes easier after doing it yourself the first time.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I thought the first pictures were of the new floor..and I was like..."um, thats not nice.."

The new floor is lovely

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

LOL, I thought the first pictures were of the new floor..and I was like..."um, thats not nice.."

The new floor is lovely
Lol i thought the same thing!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought I would start with the before and move on the after....I should have done it backwards..LOL.....Are you guys blondes...J/K.....Im hoping that we can have the hardwood done by my bday in Sept but its getting Dave motivated enough to get it actually done. But I think after two yrs of bugging for both floors to get done Ill actually make it by my bday....We are supposed to be finishing the bar in the basement in the beginning of June because we have an annual Poker Up BBQ in July so we wanna have that room done in time...Ill def be posting pics as stuff gets done!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL..Yea that floor is BUTTUGLY!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!! Ya know before we ripped it up the week before I was on my hands and knees with two boxes of Mr Clean Magic Erasers, Clorox and a scrubby brush...That was the best it looked in two yrs...LOL! Im determined that in 5-10 yrs when we sell the house the new floor is going to still look like it did Sunday when we were finished!!! Im getting a new swiffer wet jet with the scubby end thingermabobber and a new mop so I dont have all that grime from the old one being slopped around on my purdy new floor...LOL! Im spoiled with home improvement stuff and cleaning supplies...Geee I wonder when Dave will actually get me flowers and some jewelry!!!! *Yea in over two yrs Ive never gotten flowers or jewelry..*