Why I was up three times last night...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch's obsession with toys that are not toys.

Toy number one: the door stop. It's one of those spring like things that make that BOING noise when you flick it. Try hearing that at 3am. He ceases to be cute.

Toy number two: the mini-blinds. To look out side he smashes them against the window. Try hearing this: SCRAPE SCRAPE SCRAPE. SMASH.... meow? SCRAPE. It's 4am, he's demon spawn.

Toy number three: My little black dress. Oh, so you think that a little black dress can't be annoying in the middle of the night? Well, you are SO mistaken. It has this LONNNGGG black cord to it. He pulls it out and puts it on the bed to play with it. I am woken up by a kitty playing. It's like the bed is shaking through an earth quake. Its 5am.... he is the devil incarnate.

I'm never going to sleep again.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your young, and dont need sleep.
well lets think about this.

toy 1, anything that make a boing sound has to be toy.
toy 2 it moves and makes sounds, that also has to be a toy.
toy 3 and long string hanging out of out it. string=toy.

see you just have to many kitty toys hanging around

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gee and I thought Bit was the troublemaker...

Is Scratch coming out of his shell, or were his antics always overshadowed by 8-Bits??

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I get woken up by the "glug, glug, glug" of the water bowl.... that they just tipped over. Or when my kitty misses the litter box, and scratches on the NEWSPAPER!!!! Now I sleep with a flashlight by my bed, so I can easily see what is going on at 3 in the morning...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww how cute! he's comming out of his shell
meowmy you can't possibly be mad at that cute, innocent little furbaby

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least two or three times a night, I wake up to this frantic, rapid-fire mewing from 'way down the hall, growing louder as the kitty approaches -- and then Pearl hops up on top of me with The Pink String in her mouth and this pleading look in her beautiful green eyes.

It's my own fault, of course, because I can't say no to her... I just sit up, rub my bleary eyes, and dangle the string as requested...

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch thats a
U trouble maker u

I have a different way of waking up all the time, try Big Bella laying on u, and then moving ur legs apart and shes right there snoozing away and I wake up in the oddest positions, usually one leg off the bed the other asleep on the other side of the bed, and I know it cant be me because there are those faithful days were I wake up by myself and in one piece
But I move her or get myself all together and go back to sleep and I wake up in the same uncomfortable position!

The one night I freaked out, I am used to Bella being under the covers right next to me, well my feet were asleep so I tried moving them and I feel fur and I am freaking out like o my, whos on my feet Big Bells right here, well poor light blue was on my feet (I am trying to figure out how she survived the fight with my feet, I constantly move my feet in my sleep for some reason
) I was freaking out though because there was something on my feet and I didn't know what

And then theres that occassion where I wake up to BANG, things falling on the floor, like my alarm clock which by the way is broken well where its supposed to light up well it doesnt, such brats! Or Stormie being clumsy and falling out of things like my window (luckily my beds right under it) And tonite I had cleaned and I put the one thing up, well I guess it bothered her and she decided she was going to get it down, and well it came down along with her! She scares me too much

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL Scratch sounds like he can even make air an annoying toy (just to please his meowmy at 3am) lol

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

At least two or three times a night, I wake up to this frantic, rapid-fire mewing from 'way down the hall, growing louder as the kitty approaches -- and then Pearl hops up on top of me with The Pink String in her mouth and this pleading look in her beautiful green eyes.

It's my own fault, of course, because I can't say no to her... I just sit up, rub my bleary eyes, and dangle the string as requested...

I play half asleep fetch with Tomas. He'll bring the one toy 'great balls of fur' - looks kind of like an octopus and has a furry part on it, and he'll drop it right on my face. The first few times the furry bit started me. If I'm extra lucky, it's had a dip in the water bowl...

Yesterday morning I awoke to the bedroom water bowl being tipped over. Puddle of water on the floor and a half soaked Tomas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Gee and I thought Bit was the troublemaker...

Is Scratch coming out of his shell, or were his antics always overshadowed by 8-Bits??
He's coming out of his shell... it's taken almost a year, but he's getting better and better.

I just love my shaggy boy.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor, poor sleepless Heather!

I had to unscrew and remove all the sproingy, boingy doorstops in my apartment - Ginger used to like to play with those at 5 a.m. I just have to be careful not to swing my doors open too hard.

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain! This morning, I woke up at 3:30 to a strange slurping noise. I rolled over, and got a faceful of cat privates, and one annoyed kitty...wondering why I'd just interupted his intimate bath on my pillow.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Can't you hang your dress in the closet?
It was in the closet. We have to keep every door in the apartment open because it offends 8-Bit if they are shut.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It was in the closet. We have to keep every door in the apartment open because it offends 8-Bit if they are shut.
Oooooooooh, I have to shut Trout out of the closet or else she wreaks havoc on my clothes with her claws..

What would happen if you closed doors?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oooooooooh, I have to shut Trout out of the closet or else she wreaks havoc on my clothes with her claws..

What would happen if you closed doors?
He sits in front of them and meows very loudly. It's so annoying we just gave in.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

toy 1, anything that make a boing sound has to be toy.
toy 2 it moves and makes sounds, that also has to be a toy.
toy 3 and long string hanging out of out it. string=toy.

see you just have to many kitty toys hanging around
that's the logic right there.

I have had to keep my closet tightly closed ever since a visiting siamese fellow proudly presented my mangled (fake) fur collared sweater to me one morning...he was so proud (what a good little hunter) I couldn't be mad, but the door's been closed in kitty land ever since or I'd have nothing to wear but cat hair.