Has anyone here ever charted their Basal Body Temp??

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've started as of today to try to get a better look at whats going on with my cycles, and to hopefully pinpoint when I'm ovulating easier. (Not to mention to have something to take to the doctor with me if it gets to that point.)

Here's my worry...I sleep on a water bed, with a fan on me as well.

Here's my theory. If both of those variables are the same every night, then I should still get an accurate chart right??
I could turn off the fan, but I just don't sleep as well without it, and I suppose I could sleep in the spare bed, but that would kind of defeat my purpose now wouldn't it?

If anyone could shed some light on this, I would really appreciate it!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww hon i have no idea how to!! So no suggestions here- just wanted to wish you the best of luck!
I'm sure someone will come along soon that will give you some good suggestions!!!
Also- please call your gyno tomorrow if you have any questions! They can tell you exactly what to do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Aww hon i have no idea how to!! So no suggestions here- just wanted to wish you the best of luck!
I'm sure someone will come along soon that will give you some good suggestions!!!
Also- please call your gyno tomorrow if you have any questions! They can tell you exactly what to do!
Thanks!

I understand the charting, I just don't know how the other things will affect my results. Josh thinks its nuts
but maybe it will help me answer some questions I have about my cycles.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Thanks!

I understand the charting, I just don't know how the other things will affect my results. Josh thinks its nuts
but maybe it will help me answer some questions I have about my cycles.
it's not nuts if it's going to help you understand your body better! tell him when he grows a vagina, then he can have an opinion

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

it's not nuts if it's going to help you understand your body better! tell him when he grows a vagina, then he can have an opinion

I so needed that Nikki!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I so needed that Nikki!!
glad i could help
colin said something to me one time (forgot what it was) when i was curled up in the fetal position about to cry from cramping (i have pcos VERY badly- it makes that time a nightmare
) his comment was stupid -so i made that vagina comment to him and he just stood there- stunned and then we both just died laughing

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

glad i could help
colin said something to me one time (forgot what it was) when i was curled up in the fetal position about to cry from cramping (i have pcos VERY badly- it makes that time a nightmare
) his comment was stupid -so i made that vagina comment to him and he just stood there- stunned and then we both just died laughing
Thats hilarious!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that it would make sense that if its the same situation every night..IE: the fan AND the waterbed..the temperature changes will be accurate.

Be sure to check first thing in the AM!

I have a friend who's been trying for 2 years and I went all through this with her.

Good luck!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much guys, I didn't think about checking fertility friend. I checked it out awhile back, but decided to chart on paper since that is free.

I didn't think about them having archives and stuff.

Thanks so much!

My temp this morning was 96.8!! I was amazed that it was so low, thats why I was worried about the fan (although you would think the waterbed would counter act that)

Anyway I'm going to check out fertility friend now! Thanks

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks so much guys, I didn't think about checking fertility friend. I checked it out awhile back, but decided to chart on paper since that is free.

I didn't think about them having archives and stuff.

Thanks so much!

My temp this morning was 96.8!! I was amazed that it was so low, thats why I was worried about the fan (although you would think the waterbed would counter act that)

Anyway I'm going to check out fertility friend now! Thanks
I think FF is free

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I think FF is free
Hrmm....I thought it was a 30 day free trial.....

I'll check again.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I think FF is free
You were right, I read it wrong last time. You do get a 30 day free trial VIP membership, but you can continue to chart after that. I didn't take the time to read the whole thing!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want a child that badly, I'll ship two of em to ya

I know this might be a bit of an expense but they have home ovulator kits at drug store now. I have a friend who used it and was pregnant in no time

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

If you want a child that badly, I'll ship two of em to ya

I know this might be a bit of an expense but they have home ovulator kits at drug store now. I have a friend who used it and was pregnant in no time
Problem with those is that my cycle for the past six months or so has not been the least bit regular, so I probably waste a lot of money before I figured out when I was actually ovulating. I'll probably move on to those once I get my wacky cycle figured out though.

You can keep your angels.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

IIf both of those variables are the same every night, then I should still get an accurate chart right??
My sister says if you consistently sleep that way, you will be fine

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

My sister says if you consistently sleep that way, you will be fine
Thank you, and tell your sister Thank you!

This morning my temp was the same as yesterdays, so I think its going to work out fine.

Thanks so much for all of the help!