Ohhhhh DH has to go away for work

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's in Santa Monica all next week for work, then is in Seattle 2 weeks after that and was only supposed to be there for 2 days, but now he has to stay for the week because there'll be a new guy that he needs to train up. Then 2 weeks after THAT, he's off to Scotland and Ireland for 2 weeks for work

So he's away 4 out of the next 6 weeks while I'm stuck at home

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That really stinks!!!
I'm sorry sweetheart. At least you will have us here on TCS to keep you company!! I hope he is able to stay home more when it gets closer time for your to have that little one!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw sweetie
I know how it is to have a husband that travels for work. Luckily Josh doesn't have too as often anymore, but he would always end up staying longer than he was supposed to as well. I know how frustrating it can be.

I always love the first night having the whole house to myself, but then I'm ready for him to come home!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i used to love to travel for work.
and long stays where great. lol like the month we spent in japan. It was a blast being able to run around and someone else pays the bills for it.

however i am sorry you are stuck at home, but you do have the kitties to keep you company.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah my excuse for needing cats was for company when he travelled

Only when he's away, the cats never cuddle me - particularly Smudge. She's such a daddy's girl, and completely ignores me when he's away

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww! Get those ungrateful cats trained up to cuddle you more!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww I'm so sorry he has to go away to work.Hopefully your furbabies will want to cuddle with you alot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Aww! Get those ungrateful cats trained up to cuddle you more!
Since he last went away Stumpy and Lily have gotten a lot more affectionate so it'll be interesting to see if any of them come for cuddles.

Smudge is currently sitting on the bed right beside me staring at me...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, but he'll be back before you know it, and you can stay in touch with email, right?

You can catch up on some movies (maybe a Trilogy).
Or rent a season of a TV show you've wanted to see. Alone time can be nice, too.