Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Black Cat

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10. You'll save $$ on their Halloween costumes.
9. You can always find them in the snow.
8. Holding a black cat is very slimming.
7. Black cats will match any decor.
6. A lint brush isn't required for a black-tie affair.
5. When you love a black cat, luck is on your side.
4. Black cats are like onyx, a beautiful gem.
3. Hey, they don't care what color you are!
2. Love knows no color.

And the number one reason to adopt a black cat...

1. They are the least likely to be adopted.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here! I am so excited to have Whitey.

He got the most personality out of all the cats.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree!!! All the black cats I've owned have been the most wonderful, affectionate kitties, so I'm very biased TOWARD black cats!

And the only 2 kitties we've had who have pretty much worshipped the ground DH walks on have both been black, so he's a big fan of black kitties as well

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want a black cat so bad...bf says no more kitties! I saw one at the pet store (but I adopt)! I haven't come across any at the adoption agencies I have come in contact with! I really want one, I think they are beautiful! Cute post!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 3 gorgeous black beauties myself (Hades, Medusa and Nemesis)!! Black cats are GREAT!!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised (and saddened) by #1. I had no idea.
I love black cats. My very first cat when I was born was all black - and lived to 18. He was also the smartest cat I've ever known.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love black cats .... "Midnight " was my first "semi feral " expeience as she only came out to my grandma and I played with all the midnights for yrs from the time I was in diapers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

I want a black cat so bad...bf says no more kitties! I saw one at the pet store (but I adopt)! I haven't come across any at the adoption agencies I have come in contact with! I really want one, I think they are beautiful! Cute post!
http://search.petfinder.com/search/search.cgi << not sure how close to Milwaukee you are...

Black cats have always been my favorite. After I move and get a kitty, it will most likely be a black one. There are lots of them in the shelters here

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a black cat. Mr. Mistoflees is 15 years old. Yes he is black from his ears to the tip of his tail.

He has just been the NICEST kitty we've ever had. He has put up with a lot. We had no kids when we got him, we have 2 girls now. He puts up with Sneaky Pie, and she can be a pest to him (all she wants to do is play).

I had no idea that people don't want to adopt black cats. We got him b/c he was the kitty at the shelter that had the most personality.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im minutes from milwaukee... Ill keep an eye out for the future... Not allowed to have one now since I just got a kitty back in february...

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love black kitties...they have always been a favorite of mine too. I have 3 (the are tuxedos).
I stole this to put on my blog if you don't mind.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see first-hand just how many black cats are passed by. I, myself, want one to complete the ying/yang theory I've got going on.
Just kidding! Someday I will find a special needs black cat when I am ready to add to the family......

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our black kitty came from a shelter his name is Teddy and we love him, he's a sweety...he greets all my DH's customers, He weighs 20 lbs, there is a lot to love. I read one time in a cat magazine that if you work in a shelter and a black cat comes in name it JellyBean if it doesn't have a name because people Love the name and it will attract them to the kitty ... I personally have always loved black cats, I don't see why people are afraid or whatever!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

10. You'll save $$ on their Halloween costumes. check
9. You can always find them in the snow. check
8. Holding a black cat is very slimming. check
7. Black cats will match any decor. check
6. A lint brush isn't required for a black-tie affair. check
5. When you love a black cat, luck is on your side. check
4. Black cats are like onyx, a beautiful gem. check
3. Hey, they don't care what color you are! check
2. Love knows no color.check

And the number one reason to adopt a black cat...

1. They are the least likely to be adopted.

and one reason I love them .....see below

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just adopted a black cat this morning!

Too funny. I came on here just to check in with everyone and get name suggestions and this is the first thread I saw
I'll start another thread for the names so I don't hijack this one... but just had to add a new black ball of fur to this thread too!