I'm shaking - I'm so mad - nasty kids

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm in my kitchen and I hear all this laughing and splashing of water - some kids are in a neighbour pool who dont live here - they are throwing sticks and stuff and I'm getting madder and madder

I know kids are just having fun, its hot, there are only having a laugh. But its getting a bit crazy.

So I go down to tell them to get out and that its not right to be in someones pool when they are not there.

Guess what.....yep just a load of abuse and they tell me where to get off
its not my pool, I can ring the police blah, swear, blah.... DH comes down, the ring leader gives him a load of abuse, language like you've never heard from a kid !

Whats wrong with kids today - I know this kid and I said I'd tell his Dad and he said 'go on then, he don't give a rats-ass anyway' what can you say to kids when they respond like this.

I know what its like having fun and if they'd have just said OK, we're off, then end of, but no just lots of 'well be back' or 'we'll go use someone else's pool'

How awful are kids....................

time for a glass of wine to calm my nerves I think !

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kids are too much these days..I don't know why parents don't teach manners anymore

One time I had a 7 year old sexually harassing me..saying things that I've never even heard an adult man tell me. It was disgusting.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Kids are too much these days..I don't know why parents don't teach manners anymore

One time I had a 7 year old sexually harassing me..saying things that I've never even heard an adult man tell me. It was disgusting.
Believe me, us parents DO teach manners, but the kids are growing up with this screwed up sense of entitlement that I just CANNOT figure out where it is coming from! HBO, maybe?

My daughter - as much as I love her - grew up watching me struggle to put food on the table, yet would eat a month's worth of groceries within a week, leaving me with nothing. I actually had to STOP food shopping when she was a teenager unless I wanted to go hungry!

She is manipulative and EXPECTS things, just because she is alive. I've seen this in kids that are between the ages of 10-21 (this is a generealization based on MY experience and does not mean that ALL kids are this way.)

Ann, I would have called the police immediately. There are liability issues - what if one of those kids drowns, who will be held responsible?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ann, I would have called the police immediately. There are liability issues - what if one of those kids drowns, who will be held responsible?
That's exactly what I was going to say. We have pretty strict laws here about swimming pools being protected by fences with secured gates so kids cannot get in and accidentally drown. The owners could be facing a lawsuit if they aren't home and something terrible should happen. I would definitely have called the police.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had to put my .02 in.

I have new neighbors. Their kids are the same age as my youngest. She was thrilled- at first. Now she tries to dodge the doorbell when it rings. These kids are TERRORS. It's gotten so bad, that either my husband or myself has to be out in the yard when they are over, or problems occur.

Dd has gotten hit on the head by a piece of wood, her iPod taken away 4x by these kids. They get into our garage if it's open and "play" in it. And you have to tell them a million times to stop doing something! ARRRGGHHH.

And then, get this. Dd is in 4th grade. She gets a phone call from a friend last night asking her if she wants to go to a concert tonight. HELLO! It's a school night, and state testing is 1 week away. My child is NOT staying up until midnight! I have no idea where the parents brain is (these are parents that I have issues with anyways).

But for the 2 stories like this- I can tell you 5 more of some really good kids.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The part that gets me is when you said you'd tell his dad, and he said his dad wouldn't care. If he's right, that alone explains the kids behavior.

I don't think it has anything to do with today vs before. From listening to stories from people who grew up in the 50s, the 70s, etc, I don't think anything's changed at all. Boys will be boys and all that.

You should hear some of the stuff coming out of the kids I catch shoplifting. Half the time it's so obscene I don't even understand what they're trying to say!

Oh, and let the neighbors know these kids were in their pool. They could press charges if they wanted to (I imagine, is that true there?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Originally Posted by Yosemite

That's exactly what I was going to say. We have pretty strict laws here about swimming pools being protected by fences with secured gates so kids cannot get in and accidentally drown. The owners could be facing a lawsuit if they aren't home and something terrible should happen. I would definitely have called the police.
I don't really know the laws regarding pool liabilities here in Spain

I do know that it is illegal to enter someones garden without being invited in - all bells are on the outside wall or gates.

I need to check this out, we have a pool but it is behind 2 locked gates...

I warned them about their own safety but again just got a load of old verbals.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldnt listen to that little boob telling you his Father wouldnt care, keep your word and tell his Father anyway. Let them know you mean business or they will be back again.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Guess what.....yep just a load of abuse and they tell me where to get off
its not my pool, I can ring the police blah, swear, blah.... DH comes down, the ring leader gives him a load of abuse, language like you've never heard from a kid !

Whats wrong with kids today - I know this kid and I said I'd tell his Dad and he said 'go on then, he don't give a rats-ass anyway' what can you say to kids when they respond like this.
a. he's going to say this in front of his friends, regardless of his true feelings, so he doesn't lose face. you should've called dad.
b. i'd've also called the police, after calling dad, especially if dad gave me a similar answer.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe that
If i EVER heart my nieces or nephews talk like that - they be in BIG trouble!
That is aweful!!!!!!! you should have phoned the cops- they could have got them for diorderly conduct, trespassing, and a noise ordinance!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

Blame the parents.
I disagree. Kids today are influenced by TV, movies, the internet and other kids. I wouldn't 100% blame the parents for a child's bad behavior.

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I never understood this, if a parent gives their child a good swat on the behind when they misbehave society yells abuse so people are reduced to time outs and taking things away, which with kids now days is about as effective as teaching a dog to meow, but then they turn around and complain that kids are out of control, society can't have it both ways. I am not saying people should use spanking all the time but we should be able to use it when needed without getting in trouble.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
o wow, I agree i think that kids learn this more from others and HBO sometimes it is the parents but not always, I was at the flea market and I was in line for my chicken on a stick well there were these 2 9 year olds I would estimate, and they tried to cut in front of me and were talking about the latest Soprano's episode
I was thinking man I was allowed to watch alot of things but I wasn't even allowed to watch that when it first came out!

Now I did have this friend whos parents were there and such but his little brother who was 9 was wow dude, he was bad and he did learn that from friends!

But Anne, I know how you feel we got a whole bunch of new neighbors and well we have to watch our pool this year, luckily we got some great neighbors that are right behind the pool

I too know if I did something like u said I would still probly be in my room

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

I disagree. Kids today are influenced by TV, movies, the internet and other kids. I wouldn't 100% blame the parents for a child's bad behavior.
Depending on age, they make the choice to speak like that. Any child over 4 or 5, if corrected at some point, knows that is not proper behavior.

I grew up watching all sorts of R rated movies,tv, my parents language was awful, and certainly the other kids at school cussed some was well.
I do not debase myself with such crude language. It makes a person sound like a complete idiot, I realized this at 4 years old without correction from an adult.

If the children are trespassing in the future call the police. Simple trespassing can easily turn to vandalism, from there it can lead to more damaging acts - arson and burglary.