I'm not the marrying kind?!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever been told that or the word has been passed to you through someone else?

No I'm still engaged btw
and it wasn't fiance or any family members that said this.

This was at lunch yesterday. A guy I work with broke up with his girlfriend a cuople of weeks ago. I guess she's still in the moving out process and they're pretty civil with one another.
Basically over the weekend she was asking him if he was going to start dating all the company women now. He said no there isn't anyone there that he's interested in. Must be my name was mentioned a couple of times at home cause she said "Well what about Jenney?" and he responded "No, she's getting married."

Her response: "She doesn't seem like the marrying kind"

I haven't said more than 10 words to this girl ever. Whenever I have seen her she's always moping in the corner and barely says "Fine, thanks"

That just really cracked me up though...I'm not the marrying kind.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, I've had that said about me in the past, right before I met and married my husband.

What does that even mean by the way?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I could understand if she said towards about my fiance...he's a goof in public

I'm sure it was more said out of jealousy then anything.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I'm sure it was more said out of jealousy then anything.
You could very well be right there, especially when that guy said he wasn't really interested in anyone else except you

That's not funny, stop laughing Susan

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i was not the marrying kind also.but i still got married. everyone said that about me

PS remind me never to do that again!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know now that I'm not the marrying kind, it took me getting married to figure that out though

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto me - though it took two goes for me to be sure! Funnily enough, my mother told me in my teens that she didn't think I would be happy being married - and she meant it seriously and quite kindly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Ditto me - though it took two goes for me to be sure! Funnily enough, my mother told me in my teens that she didn't think I would be happy being married - and she meant it seriously and quite kindly.
My dad told me once when I was in my young teens that he pitied the guy that decided to marry me.

Huh...well I guess there's only one way to find out if she's right or not.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL what a weirdo! Obviously she isn't the marrying kind and thats why she is packing her bags and getting the boot! I wouldn't take any offense to it or even acknowledge her statement especially since she doesn't know you!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My ex-husband informed me that he wasnt the marrying kind after we were married for 2 1/2 years. Those were his words to.

mark kumpf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
SOmeome told me this.

Love is blind
Marriage is love
Marriage is an institution

Therefore: Marriage is an institution for the blind...

-- I have been institutionalized before but I was released and pronounced completely cured....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A wise man once said

Marriage is an institution and I am far to young to go into a institution....

Of course I believe he went about a yr later

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to think I was not "the marrying kind," at least not after my first ill-considered foray at 19... but for the past ten years or so, I've been SO the marrying kind! Just give me a chance!

Seriously... I really think I could be such a great wife, if only someone would come along for me. There's nothing in the world I'd love more than to make a comfortable home for my family, to share a life and support one another's hopes, to... to... to stand by my man!

But with one exception (and he's married, and was once my boyfriend), every man I know views me as a great friend, someone who can make him laugh, someone he can talk to about anything in the world, someone who'll always be there for him... but not marriage material. Not even DATING material!

Okay, I'm overweight -- but I'm not HIDEOUS. Why? WHHHYYYYYYY???

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha ha this is a great thread.
I've known all my life I'm not the marrying type and I think I've been told it too. I like my space and I really don't like sharing a house or an apartment with anyone.

Now my wife isn't a bad person, but I should never have married her, simply because when I want to be left alone, it doesn't happen
. We sleep in separate beds coz I can't get a decent sleep with someone else there, yet she still climbs into my bed.

Give me back my happily UNmarried life any day. Man those were the days
wow this thread is really making me reminisce.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Coming from the 20 year old who's never been on a date....yes....there are aspect of the whole "married" thing....shall we say, benefits
I'm sure I'd like.....but I don't see me getting married. Unless I can find a man who likes cats but doesn't want kids.....