Cerial Litter?

gr1m

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this may sound funny, Is it ok to use cereal for litter? I was thinking rice krispies since my cat eats his litter every now then. I dont think rice krispies will harm him more than a regular litter will LOL!!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some natural, more "edible"
litters. World's Best Cat Litter is corn...but it also has the world's highest price. Chicken feed is essentially the same as world's best....but much cheaper. EDIT: But I think you need to be careful picking the chicken feed, if the cat's really going to eat it...I think some of those could have antibiotics and weird stuff in them. I forgot that part. Some do not, though.

Or there's Swheat Scoop which is wheat. There are a few more...those are the first that come to mind.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, ewww...snap, crackle, pop! pee krispies!!

Ok, I just couldn't resist. You could use corn, dirt or newspaper...I think cereal would get pretty gross very fast...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gr1m

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, lol.. Cereal probably would get pretty nasty... I think ill try corn, Then if its no good, I'll get some swheat scoop.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found Swheat Scoop too dusty (I was forever dusting the furniture). I've changed to World's Best Cat Litter and although it is expensive I find it lasts longer without odour. I scoop once daily at least, add a couple cups of new litter about every 3-4 days and clean the whole box about every 6-8 weeks. The litter is in our bedroom and we have no odour.

wmarcello

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know where you live, but where I am we have access to the President's Choice brand. They have a PC Green corn-based litter that we've been very happy with. I'm not sure how it compares price-wise to Swheat or World's Best, but a 3kg bag usually runs about $8. I find it lasts a lot longer than the clay stuff we used to use. One bag will last us about a month for two cats.

http://lechoixdupresident.ca/FoodAnd...itter/catid/41

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Hmm I never heard of using cereal...but Rice Krispies will Snap Crackle and Pop when they get peed on
Ewwww!!
I would think that would get spendy - and nasty! I'd stick to regular cat litter!

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not to mention that you'll never be able to look at your morning cereal the same way again.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

Not to mention that you'll never be able to look at your morning cereal the same way again.
That was what I thought!
I could just see one of mine pooping in my breakfast bowl.

You can use chicken feed, provided you aren't me & apparently allergic.
I use Swheat Scoop & Arm & Hammer High Performance & like it. I just don't see cereal going over well.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Considering the price of cereal (at least here in Canada), I would think this is a joke question since it would cost you 10 times as much money than using litter.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Um, ewww...snap, crackle, pop! pee krispies!!

Ok, I just couldn't resist. You could use corn, dirt or newspaper...I think cereal would get pretty gross very fast...
(can't type...laughing.. to.. much!!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gr1m

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ROFL! Just a weird thought! Any way, I went out and got some Worlds best.