Another Rant: Rude People

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daughter's Brownie Advancement Ceremony was tonight. What a bunch of rude parents!

I'm not a prude or anything, but there was a mom there who finally "opened up" to my husband and I. I have seen the woman almost every week for the past two years; she has never said "Hi" to me, despite my attempts. Tonight, she's chatting away to my husband and I, about high school, and the different names they used for vagina back then. She rattled off a list of half a dozen slang terms. Huh? You're finally talking to me, and this is it? I guess I haven't missed much the last two years!

So, we're outside in a park, and I stand up to get ready to tape our daughter when she was about to be called up, and the people who parked their lawn chairs behind us start telling me to move away, that they can't see. Wait, you sat behind us... So I walk over about ten feet, to another area with a break in the people behind me (made sure!), and the person behind me on the right starts with "Excuse me? Excuse me?" asking me to "move six inches to the left." What? I'm just there for a few seconds, people, to tape my daughter. Can you wait 30 seconds, or move your chair to the right six inches? I wish I'd told them all to go to hell. Ha! But I'm not rude.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhhh wow! And you put up with that???
You're a saint honey- i would have been very mad if that woman was using slang terms like that around young children. not to mention the people who moved behind you and then asked you to move when you were filiming your daughter? some people need to learn manners!!!!! Please congradualte your little girl for me!
what a great achievement for her!!! Did you get any pictures???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

...but how was the Ceremony ?
Sucked.

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

...You're a saint honey-...
Not a saint... I told the second person, "Why don't you go talk to the people over there - I can't film my daughter over there, either!" And then my husband started hollering, "Move farther! Move farther!" waving his arms for me to go even farther, making fun of the people (which was pretty funny and made me laugh).

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Tonight, she's chatting away to my husband and I, about high school, and the different names they used for vagina back then.
How and WHY on EARTH did she start talking about lady bits?!?!?!?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

How and WHY on EARTH did she start talking about lady bits?!?!?!?
that's what i was wondering....especially considering it was a brownie ceremony of all places!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

that's what i was wondering....especially considering it was a brownie ceremony of all places!
education? so what names did she use? ,, hm never mind.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
COngradulate ur daughter for me

And wow, what a bunch of rude parents! U are a saint in my book, u handled it a lot better than I would have
and I agree with Dragoriana ! It sounds like u had a heck of a night
And who thought u could have a night like that at a brownie ceremony

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Coochie and Hoo-Hoo are the only two that stuck in my brain.

Aw, and thanks for the hugs and kind words, guys.
hoo hoo???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daughter had a really fun time, too, even though she got a bloody nose playing on the playground. She was riding the teeter-totter like a broom... that's my girl!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
hoo hoo sounds like the name of a character from a kiddie show. like the fimbles, teletubbies and the hoohoos!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

Not to be confused with Yoo-Hoo, the chocolate drink!
Lol. Or when you call someone over and yell out WOOHOO!! and then they look at you funny "i'm a what!?!?!?"

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Daughter had a really fun time, too, even though she got a bloody nose playing on the playground. She was riding the teeter-totter like a broom... that's my girl!
well then the day was not all bad then

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad about the rude parents. Some people are just dense. I would've at least said "Ummm...can I just finish taping MY DAUGHTER walking across stage?"

Then called them all hoo-hoos.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoo-Hoos...

Not to be confused with Ho-Hos, the chocolate snack cake. I hope.