What shampoo/conditioners do you use???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So in light of my soap/body wash thead- now i'm wondering what shampoo/conditioners everyone uses!!!
I can only use certain things on my scalp that don't irritate my psorasis (the ONLY place i have it on my entire body is my scalp
go figure!) I have tried TONS of products in the past trying to find some that won't irritate me....you name it i've probably tried it! Here is what i've found now that doesn't irritate my scalp that i use:

Keoconazole Shampoo 2%- it's a prescription- and it is by far the BEST shampoo i've ever used on my scalp to clear up my psorasis!!!! It REALLY works and it doesn't smell bad eithor!! (it's not one of those nasty tar shampoos that doesn't work). It is wonderful for my sensitive scalp!!!!!

I also use Betamethasone Valerate Lotion .1% -prescription as well- i use it after i condition and my hair dries when my scalp gets really irritated. it's great too- doesn't make your hair look greasy/oily at all!!! This and the presription shampoo keep my scalp under control and looking great!!!

Godiva Solid Shampoo- by lush www.lush.com- it smells AMAZING and is really cool to use too!!!! it's amazing on my hair and doesn't make my psorasis flare up at all!!!! I LOVE this shampoo soooo much that i plan to try some other Lush shampoos- they're ingredients are wonderful, all hand made and they don't test on animals. They're also WONDERFUL for people with sensitive skin!!! Did i mention this stuff smells like heaven
http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2392?expand=Haircare

Pantene Pro-V Clarifying Shampoo- it is by far the best clarifying shampoo i've ever used- i've used this stuff for years!!!!
I use it once a week or as needed to really clean out styling products/build up from my scalp -it leaves my hair all nice and clean!!

L'oreal Nutri Gloss Shampoo & Conditioner for Damaged Medium to Long Hair- i LOVE these!!! They're gentle on my hair and really leave it soft and nice!!!

Herbal Essences - i used to LOVE their vetvier and pachulli shampoo & conditioner until they discontinued it. (i was able to find some at Big Lots so i stocked up!!
) I wish they'd bring it back- their new line is no where near as good as their older stuff was!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Herbal Essences but the ingredients freak me out a little but I still use it. Shampoo and conditioners seem so harsh when you read the label!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Herbal Essences but the ingredients freak me out a little but I still use it. Shampoo and conditioners seem so harsh when you read the label!
you should really try lush shampoos/products if you're concerned about ingredients!! they are wonderful!!!
www.lush.com

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use whatever is on sale for the most part
but I do like moisturizing shampoos and conditioners.

Some of my favs are

Dove
Aussie
Fructus
Pantene

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

soap and a wash cloth.
on your hair?
oh wait -you're bald and beautiful though right?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I am using Sunsilk De-Frizz, but I also like pantene and aussie. I can pretty much use any except Dove. Dove shampoo/conditioner make my hair really greasy.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

yep, just like mr. clean
now i have the little mr. clean jingle song in my head

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm using sunsilk scalp care with avocado milk. I have a dry scalp and spent most of my teen years trying various shampoos. Ive only been using this one a couple of months, but it seems to do the trick. I have very thick curly long hair, so i also want a shampoo that will keep my hair soft and in condition, some of the dandruff shampoos dont do that. I dont use conditioner 1 to save water and 2 because the buildup is quicker

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right now, the shampoo of the moment is Lush's Karma.

I love the hippy smell to it (patchouli).

I usually use Godiva but I think I like Karma better. I might get something else next time.

I don't use conditioner, I don't need to.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Right now, the shampoo of the moment is Lush's Karma.

I love the hippy smell to it (patchouli).

I usually use Godiva but I think I like Karma better. I might get something else next time.

I don't use conditioner, I don't need to.
you're a lushie too???? that's awesome
what kind of hair type do you have? i might have to try karma (i have godiva right now and LOVE it
) mine is long wavy, medium texture and tangles/frizzes easily. it's a medium brown color with natural highlights in it (i don't dye mine as i donate to locks of love
)

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My hair is very fine, and so it goes flat easily. Boring hair LOL! I don't brush it.
I am always getting a hard time for not brushing it, but it is so fine that it doesn't need to be brushed most of the time.
Karma makes my hair really soft, its a lovely feel! Hubby says he likes the smell. It also lathers really well for me.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

My hair is very fine, and so it goes flat easily. Boring hair LOL! I don't brush it.
I am always getting a hard time for not brushing it, but it is so fine that it doesn't need to be brushed most of the time.
Karma makes my hair really soft, its a lovely feel! Hubby says he likes the smell. It also lathers really well for me.
does it smell just like the karma bubble bar (i want to try that one in my next order!). also- is it good on frizz? my hair frizzes very badly
memphis humidity is soooo delightful!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dr bonners( best deal since no conditioner is needed and 8 oz runs under $5) or Aveda detox or Avedas shampure.... Usually no conditioner... Aveda or Cowboy up

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Dr bonners( best deal since no conditioner is needed and 8 oz runs under $5) or Aveda detox or Avedas shampure.... Usually no conditioner... Aveda or Cowboy up
is aveda pretty gentle on your scalp? what about detangling/defrizzing? i may have to try that if it conditions well!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no issues with it ... I bought the conditioner and found little need for it... I have fine wavy hair ..... Evan the Detox is gentle

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I have no issues with it ... I bought the conditioner and found little need for it... I have fine wavy hair ..... Evan the Detox is gentle
I have wavy hair too!
Only mine's medium thickness-thick and tangles like its nobody's business
it was AWEFUL right before i donated it to LoL. It was sooooo long - i swear it was getting tangled every two seconds
(soooo much better since i got it cut/donated!!!
) I will have to try the Aveeda sometime!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like im missing out on something with everyone using the same products that sound so edible!