Harry Potter

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I know they are children's books, but I LOVE this series!! I just reserved my copy at Barnes and Noble and will be waiting in line at midnight!! I read the last four books in ten days over Christmas break!! If you haven't read them, you really need to... they are GREAT!! I hate that this will be the last one!!

You are never too old for magic!!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the Harry Potter books I can't believe this is going to be the last book they are so well written I will probably still read other books she writes. I will miss the gang from hogwarts.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I pre-ordered mine ages ago, and also can't believe that it's going to be the last one. At least we have a couple of more films to look forward to.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harry Potter is great!

From watching the movies and reading the books, I actually dont think its adapted for children.

I wont be getting mine untill the day before I fly out to Australia. I will be reading the book on the plane to take time off my hands because I KNOW i wont be able to put it down
Plus by then all the hype would have worn out

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Weeeeeeeeeee well parents have movies 1,2,3 i bought 4. Dad has books 1,2,3,4,5, and i bought 6 lol. I am SO looking forward to the new movie and book! I even have the Muggles Guide to the magical world book. And a huuuuuge lusty crush on Alan Rickman which started i think in the first Harry Potter movie (nothing wrong with dark sexy slimy men lol) then i started watching all his other movies and fell in love with him.

I loooooooooooooooooooooooove HARRY POTTER!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered mine from www.amazon.com and will get mine in the mail.It's not for me thought, it's for my 17 year old Daughter.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot wait for this book to come out!!! I'm so excited. I hope the PX on post has it quickly... cause I'm not going to be buying it off the economy in Korea....

...however that would make an interesting collector item.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I ordered mine from www.amazon.com and will get mine in the mail.
Same here! Normally I don't cause in the past i could purchase it at Target for less on the day it came out, without lines to wait in. This time I decided not to take chances of it being out!

I'm reserving the name Harry Potter as my first born son.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A town near us turns into Diagon Alley for the book releases. They change all their store fronts into shops from the books and bring out street food vendors. It's going to be so much fun for the last book!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait for the movie or the book to come out ! I usually try to get the corresponding book read just before the movie opensm just to refresh myself with the story. Then my DH sits next to me and asks questions during the whole movie!
I can't believe this is the last book. I'm afraid to find out who gets killed off.
Speaking of which, does everyone think Dumbledore is really gone for good? I keep telling myself that Snape
And a huuuuuge lusty crush on Alan Rickman
isn't really the bad guy we think he is at the moment.
I'm expecting a major plot twist concerning him.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

A town near us turns into Diagon Alley for the book releases. They change all their store fronts into shops from the books and bring out street food vendors. It's going to be so much fun for the last book!
oh they do that here too! It is so much fun!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I pre-ordered mine, as soon as I got Amazon's e-mail. Love those books but, I'll be hanged, if I'll spend a Saturday night, hanging around Barnes & Noble, with hundreds of sleepy, cranky kids.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Dude, that would *so* rock. We did trilogy Tuesday for LOTR, and that was awesome but it wasn't the same as some of the stuff they did in London. Wonder if they're doing anything cool around here for the release...we've got a copy reserved but, darnit, I want something cool to do.

Love HP... think Snape is a bad guy (even though everyone wants him to be good). Don't think Dumbledore is really dead, and I think there will at least be some spin-off of HP even if it's not a new HP series. My sister and I are arguing about this... she says there won't be anymore because Rawlings says no more, but I said, yeah, there's a lot of artists that say no more and then do more because of how much demand there is. I figure there will be too much demand to leave it.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think, since Snape has always been a "spy" of sorts, that in making the binding pact he made with Bellatrix to help Draco... I think he went afterwards to Dumbledore and told him everything and Dumbledore found a way to help him : complete his promise, NOT blow his cover, and stay alive.

So in short, I think Dumbledore's death has been faked and I do not think that Snape has turned against him. Perhaps Snape's cover was about to be blown or some such thing.

I think we'll be seeing some major plot twists in this last book.

On a side note, I believe Harry himself is a holocrox (spelling?) in that he must somehow purge himself of the powers that Voldemort shares with him in order to kill Voldemort. It basically states that in order to really kill Voldemort you must destroy all the holocroxes, so either Harry must sacrifice himself in the end, or somehow lose part of his power.

Those are my random thoughts..
Glad to see there are Harry Potter fans here too!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

My sister and I are arguing about this... she says there won't be anymore because Rawlings says no more, but I said, yeah, there's a lot of artists that say no more and then do more because of how much demand there is. I figure there will be too much demand to leave it.
I saw/read an interview with Rowling a while back. She said there would be no more actual HP books... but may do more in that universe... just not focused on Harry. Now, maybe that's changed... who knows... I haven't seen anything lately...

For Book 6, I did a midnight opening with some friends... I was on crutches at the time, so it was rather amusing... although I was getting better at cruising along on them by that night...

*knock on wood* I won't be on crutches this time... haven't preordered yet, because I want to pick a bookstore in town. Maybe tomorrow while i'm downtown I'll pick one... if Powells is going to do a midnight release, I'll pick them. If not, I'll go with Borders... they're who I went with two years ago... now i need friends to band together with and be the goofy adults...

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jenny1124;1779110 said:
I think, since Snape has always been a "spy" of sorts, that in making the binding pact he made with Bellatrix to help Draco... I think he went afterwards to Dumbledore and told him everything and Dumbledore found a way to help him : complete his promise, NOT blow his cover, and stay alive.

So in short, I think Dumbledore's death has been faked and I do not think that Snape has turned against him. Perhaps Snape's cover was about to be blown or some such thing.

That's good... I hadn't thought about that. I hope that is what happens! I hated it when Dumbledore died!! Maybe, they will kill Voltemort, and everyone that he killed will come back... That would be cool!! You never know with magic!

I am REALLY excited about this book! I am sure I will have it read that weekend!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe, they will kill Voltemort, and everyone that he killed will come back... That would be cool!! You never know with magic!
Wow, what an idea! That would open the door for Harry's parents to return. Or would that be too much of a happy ending?