Can I have some vibes for my son?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's in bed with a fever and vomiting right now. My mom picked him up from daycare today and was told that when he woke up from his nap he told the daycare owner his head hurt. My mom felt him and he was warm. They went to take him temp and
Poor little guy is running a 101.9 temp right now and have vomited a couple times.
I didn't know anything was going around
And Deacon (he's 5 )is usually the VERY last one to get it and it's rare for him to get it then.

Can I have some get well vibes for him?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course he can have some vibes

I hope it's just a 24 hour bug and he's better soon. Can he take anything to help bring his fever down at that age? Sorry, I don't pretend to know anything about kids and health related matters, as I have very little experience in that area, but fingers crossed that his temp is back to normal by morning

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, poor bubs! Must be so hard to see your little one sick.
{{{{get well soon vibes}}}} for Deacon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Of course he can have some vibes

I hope it's just a 24 hour bug and he's better soon. Can he take anything to help bring his fever down at that age? Sorry, I don't pretend to know anything about kids and health related matters, as I have very little experience in that area, but fingers crossed that his temp is back to normal by morning
I gave him children's advil to bring down the fever. So did my mom when she picked him up this afternoon. It just started to go back up about 30 mins ago. He's drinking fine, he just can't eat anything. I also bought him some popsicles to help and gave him a cool bath. If it gets up past 103, it's off to the ER

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I gave him children's advil to bring down the fever. So did my mom when she picked him up this afternoon. It just started to go back up about 30 mins ago. He's drinking fine, he just can't eat anything. I also bought him some popsicles to help and gave him a cool bath. If it gets up past 103, it's off to the ER
Good call, I really hope it doesn't come to that but you can't be too careful, better to get him checked out if his temp doesn't stay down. Get well soon Deacon

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely hon!!! I will keep that sweet little fella in my prayers!!! I hope his fever breaks soon and he gets to feeling better!
Please keep us posted on him! I'll be thinking about ya'll tonight!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well his fever has went down some. He's wanting to eat but every time he does, he gets sick. I hate telling him he can't eat too. He's a very picky eater in the first place.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe Jello? It's not really a "food", but at least he'd get to chew
. It always makes me feel like I've "eaten" something

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alycia, keep an eye on him.That is how Seth started out.The Dr. told me that is a sign of Pnemonia.If he doesn't bounce back today, get him in to be seen.
Vibes coming that way.