Kitten Eating Litter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put some litter at the kittens disposal.. and some of them got in and got out.. then Andy go in and started to eat it.. god i had to litteraly get it all out o his mouth.. what should i do?

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KCM

I put some litter at the kittens disposal.. and some of them got in and got out.. then Andy go in and started to eat it.. god i had to litteraly get it all out o his mouth.. what should i do?
How old are they? I dont use clumping litter with kittens till they are 8 weeks old.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a lot of kittens try to eat litter which is why we suggest not to use any sort of clumping litter. when i first started to litter train mine i used newspaper then started to add none clumping litter gradually to it , only because they did try to eat it before they started to use it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahaha.. okay then. i do use non-clumping litter so it's okay.. umm.. i'm gonna first set them int he washroom and put some newspaper on the floor.. thank you very much.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KCM

Hahaha.. okay then. i do use non-clumping litter so it's okay.. umm.. i'm gonna first set them int he washroom and put some newspaper on the floor.. thank you very much.
What litter do you use? I use feline pine or yesterdays news wih young kittens. Much cleaner then paper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have NaturAL cAT litter.. umm it's called Simplicity Plus.. It's great and inexpensive.