Do you go fishing?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that summer is here- John & I spend most of our evenings fishing on the river. A lot of his friends think its weird that I'm a girly girl- that likes fishing. Granted I don't like touching the fish, but I know how to change my own line and lure.

I could spend all day everyday fishing, I find it so relaxing!

What about you? Do you enjoy fishing? Or do you find it boring, or disguisting?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my first husband, we fished all the time, he was obsessed. If there is fishing in Heaven, you can bet he's doing it right now
We used to go in a boat and troll so it was slow quiet and peaceful. I never touched a fish or baited one or touched anything though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

With my first husband, we fished all the time, he was obsessed. If there is fishing in Heaven, you can bet he's doing it right now
We used to go in a boat and troll so it was slow quiet and peaceful. I never touched a fish or baited one or touched anything though
There IS a Fishing Heaven! I know, because my Grandpa is up there doing the same thing! I think thats where I got the obsession from

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont do it cause I dont eat fish and I dont see any reason to do it unless Im gonna eat it.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love to fish...I haven't been in a few years though

My dad and I used to go at least once a week when I was in my teens. It was always a lot of fun when I caught more fish than the guys, they kept saying that it was "beginners luck"
I was very lucky

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, no! The last time I went fishing was when I was a little girl and my Dad took me. I was small, probably 5 years old or so. I remember standing on the bank of the river by a water fall and my Dad helping me cast the line into the water and he let me turn the wheel to bring the line back in.

I was having fun until I saw my Dad put a worm on the hook. I started to cry! So he said we would fish without worms. Well, he let me fish without worms, I guess he was still using them because he was catching fish. Only I was so upset when I saw that poor fish on the hook gasping for air and thrashing around that I cried and cried. My Dad ended up releasing each one he caught.

And while he and my Mom were looking forward to Sturgeon for dinner, we ended up having fried chicken, LOL He never took me fishing again!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to go fishing, but no-one I know will fish with me! So, I just eat the fish my brother catches! In fact, he left this AM to go fishing in northern Maine for a week! Mmmmmmmm.....

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually love to fish but unfortunately haven't been in a very long time. When I was growing up my dad and I would got up early every Saturday and Sunday morning in the summer and go fishing until about noon. It is one of the best memories I have of my Dad. When he passed away we actually had a fishing rod carved into his headstone with Gone fishin with God underneath. I have since moved away from the area where I grew up but my sister and her family now live in my parents home there and her kids go fishing all the time and still use all the fishing gear that is stored in my dads old workshop. It is a fitting tribute to his memory and he would love the idea of his grand kids getting as much enjoyment from his stuff and he did.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't in years, but I used to really enjoy it up at the cottage. I can't wait until we can take the boys.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Taking me fishing is like trying to get a 6 year old kid to sit still!
I am way too impatient to wait for the stupid fish to bite.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up on the Atlantic, mostly drop-line fishing for flounder.

I don't mind handling the fish, but I try to avoid baiting my hooks - seaworms freak me out, LOL...

I have done some freshwater fishing, but don't have the time/opportunity to fish either fresh or salt water these days. I miss it...but then again, I'm not a fish eater, so the fact that I would never eat what I catch means I may as well not go fishing anyway.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE fishing...but only if someone is with me to put the worms on the hook and take the fish off!! No way am I gonna touch either one!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, never been fishing. Actually it took a long time to eat fish, so I guess that's maybe why I never went.

My Dad and Grandpa preferred hunting deer to fishing, so I guess that's more ther eason why.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I LOVE fishing...but only if someone is with me to put the worms on the hook and take the fish off!! No way am I gonna touch either one!
Well...that sounds pretty sorry of me,huh?
I can't help it! There are only two animals that I am scared to death of.....fish and worms! I know...I'm pitiful!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only when we go camping we fish and cook it up for dinner. I love canoeing with a fishing rod in hand, even if I'm not catching a thing. I don't fish for sport.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looooove fishing, I havent gotten to go yet this year
and with my moms surgery I don't see us going any time soon
But here is the thing I go I walk around a little bit and such and then I go back and I usually end up catching the most fish
my mom and dad hate it

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to go fishing when I was younger with my dad and brother and other family members. But its not something I really enjoy doing. I don't like seeing the fish like that...I don't like touching live bait and I don't like taking the fish off the hook so theres really no point in me going.
One time I went with my aunt, uncle and cousins and my cousin somehow got a hook in my arm. Had to have my uncle pull it out...that stuff hurts.