Three years ago....

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three years ago today, my mom died of cervical cancer. The bad thing is, it is also my Grandma's birthday but she is in the same nursing home (with alzheimers) that my mom was in. I feel so guilty for not going to see her on Mother's day, or her birthday...but, it's too hard. At one point, my mom, my grandma and my granddad were all there. Granddad ended up dying in the nursing home from heart failure (2 weeks before mom died)...but he was flirting with the nurses up to the end. Typical of him

It's just a really rough day for me. Mother's day was hard but today is even harder. It's just strange how things like this can sneak up on you. We have a new house that I would LOVE to show her. I still find myself wanting to tell her something...and I will suddenly remember she isn't here. I know I can tell her anyway and she hears, but it's not the same.

I just needed to vent. Sorry.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww!!
I am sorry. Vent all you need to!! It will be 3 yrs in Oct that my dad passed away.

I have days all the time that I miss him and just wanna talk to him.....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to read of your loss. While my parents are both alive both of my in-laws have passed away and DH never really talks about them much or visits the cemetary.
Please reconsider visiting the nursing home-my SIL is currently in one for stroke rehab and there are lots of people that do not have many or any visitors-their faces look at you when you walk in the door-they are hoping for someone to visit them. Just start with a very short visit-5 or 10 minutes to see how it goes.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw im sorry , and dont be sorry for venting , i hope you get through this day and just remember all the good things. like your dad flirting with the nurses lol

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww
I know the feeling because i used to ring my mum up every night, but then when she died i would have moments when i would think "Oh i must ring mum to tell her about such and such!"

Your mum will know all about your new house though i promise you, because they watch us and protect us when we don't know it.

Would your Grandma know you if you did go?.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you have suffered such a difficult loss! My heart is with you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwwww
I know the feeling because i used to ring my mum up every night, but then when she died i would have moments when i would think "Oh i must ring mum to tell her about such and such!"

Your mum will know all about your new house though i promise you, because they watch us and protect us when we don't know it.

Would your Grandma know you if you did go?.
Thank you guys. I had to go to work after I posted this, and had a terrible day there too (but, alot of that could be due to my mood).

And, no...Grandma normally doesn't know me. She usually gets me confused with a nurse, so I know she recognizes me. But she doesn't know me as her granddaughter. I feel terrible for not going to see her today, but I'm going to try to make it there over the weekend.

Thank you for the support. I don't know why it hit me so hard today.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am sorry. its hard i understand. xmas,mothers day etc.
nothing seems the same to me since my mother died.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry, it just sucks, there is no easy way to deal with losing someone you love. I hope you get a little comfort knowing she's in a better place, it's you that feels the pain, not her. But I would definitely go see your Grandmother, whether she knows your there or not...you will feel better about it if you go see her.