What Soap/Bathwash do you use???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in the restroom a minute ago brushing my hair out (about to take a shower in a little bit) when i realized i had a ton of soap/body wash. (i'm a bath/body product junkie- but i do use all of it
) So it got me wondering what everyone uses? Anything you tried and would not use again?

Right now here is what's in my bathroom
: I have issues i swear

Sexy Peel Soap - by Lush www.lush.com -it's my FAVORITE!!!!!

Honey I Washed the Kids- by Lush

Bath & Body Works- ylang ylang & murrh (sp?), ylang ylang and rose, orange ginger and several others of their aromatherapy line- i love it!! Ylang Ylang & Murrh is my favorite B&BW scent!!

Big Calm Jelly - it's a shower jelly- very cool! - by Lush

Caress Glowing Touch Body Wash- omg!!! it smells sooooo yummy!!!

Caress Cashmere Luxuary

Dial Antibacterial Soap Mountain Fresh -it smells good and is great after cleaning/scrubbing down animal kennels all day long!

Suave Whipped Coco (it was from their Christmas seasonal line and omg!!! it smells soooooo good i want to eat it
)

Some little travel sample of citrus ginger body gel colin's mom gave me

Amber Romance, Love Spell, Pure Seduction and a few others- Victorias Secret (
my family knew what to get me for Christmas
)

Pink Grapefruit body was (i think that's what it's called) from Bath & Body Works- it smells AWESOME but i'm not sure i can use it- i'm not supposed to eat anything with grapefruit since i take meds for my Vertigo...but i would think washing with it would be ok

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im simple I like Dove calming nights
and Dove energy glow, but thats on occassion!

This thread made me think of something, we have about 30 bars of soap right now of the dove calming nights, you get 2 in a pack I think! But it was on sale the other day for $1 !!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Im simple I like Dove calming nights
and Dove energy glow, but thats on occassion!

This thread made me think of something, we have about 30 bars of soap right now of the dove calming nights, you get 2 in a pack I think! But it was on sale the other day for $1 !!!
I got a sample of the dove calming nights in the mail a while back!!!! I need to use that! Thanks for reminding me
Every few months i dig out all of my freebies and use them up so they don't spoil/go to waste
Thanks for reminding me!!!!! / Oh and if you like Dove Energy Glow- you'll LOVE Caress Glowing Touch (it smells more yummy to me and it's soooooo awesome on sensitive skin
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

A plain ole bar of Dial soap and some shampoo.
lol that's exactly what colin uses
it's funny- seeing his one thing of soap and one thing of shampoo in comparison to my bath stash which takes up all of the shower

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a hand soap by the sink I use a generic brand of liquid soap.I buy the large bottle and refill the pump one.

For body/shower I use "Oil of Olay Body Wash for Sensitive Skin". I buy a new bottle when the one I have open is down to one or two showers.

The only thing I have a ton of are hair care products which I keep thinking I should throw out because I never ever use them now that my hair is short. Come to think of it I rarely used them when my hair was longer, lol. I found that once I reached my mid to late 30's that I just didn't feel like spending hours in front of a mirror primping my makeup and hair. Priorities change. Occasionally I will put a dime size amount of hair mouse in, but rarely. And I never use any of the hairspray that I have. I'm suer some of the hair spray that I have is 10 years old or more. hehe

I also have an excess of cosmetics which I hardly ever use anymore. I know they all have expiry dates, especially mascara and eye liners. Mine are probably 6 years old, except for the mascara which sat there unopened for about that long and I just opened it a week ago when I met my niece for dinner.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

For a hand soap by the sink I use a generic brand of liquid soap.I buy the large bottle and refill the pump one.

For body/shower I use "Oil of Olay Body Wash for Sensitive Skin". I buy a new bottle when the one I have open is down to one or two showers.

The only thing I have a ton of are hair care products which I keep thinking I should throw out because I never ever use them now that my hair is short. Come to think of it I rarely used them when my hair was longer, lol. I found that once I reached my mid to late 30's that I just didn't feel like spending hours in front of a mirror primping my makeup and hair. Priorities change. Occasionally I will put a dime size amount of hair mouse in, but rarely. And I never use any of the hairspray that I have. I'm suer some of the hair spray that I have is 10 years old or more. hehe

I also have an excess of cosmetics which I hardly ever use anymore. I know they all have expiry dates, especially mascara and eye liners. Mine are probably 6 years old, except for the mascara which sat there unopened for about that long and I just opened it a week ago when I met my niece for dinner.
I'm the same way about my hair- but i only have a few shampoo's /conditioners (i can only use certain things on my hair because i have psorasis on my scalp that likes to flare up if i use the wrong thing!
) If you go online (and i'm sure there's tons of sites!!) and look up info on how long certain products (makeup for example) keep -they can tell you a general guide line for how long you should keep it and when you should toss it out. I think opened conatiners of mascarra should be tossed out after 3 months but don't quote me on that!
(i believe some eye products don't last as long as others because the longer you leave it open- the more bacteria/etc can collect and it can cause eye infections) powder eye shadows should last longer than cream shadows and liquid eyeliners/concealors i think!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just use plain old tone bar soap. The scent isn't strong or floral so it doesn't make me sick smelling it and it's never broke out my skin like several brands have done in the past.

I'm currently trying out going no shampoo, there's other ways to clean your hair without stripping and destroying it. I did a baking soda and conditioner wash yesterday and my hair doesn't feel like a limp lifeless mess.
And best of all I didn't lose a handful or two of hair from washing it like I usually do.. something that's always rather upsetting to see.

Seriously, look up several of the ingredients in your shampoos, soaps, and body washes. Some are very harsh.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Paul Mitchell shampoo and leave-in conditioner, Oil of Olay face wash for sensitive skin, some type of oatmeal body wash (St Ives, I think?). Use cocoa butter for lotion.

I have a drawer full of makeup and nail polish n stuff I really need to throw out. Haven't worn even mascara in about 5 years now. I should probably pick up the basics for my job search I have to start soon. I hate wearing foundation -no matter how expensive or good it is supposed to be my face always breaks out. Anything more than mascara feels too heavy on my face

I've found as I get older I don't really care for all the maintenance any longer, too.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

So it got me wondering what everyone uses? Anything you tried and would not use again?
Wow you use alot of stuff!!!

I have sensitive skin and even when i think i have the right products i might get a little rash or something. It's annoying. But atm i am using Tenosix self foaming cleaner with papaya (doubling as a body wash), Innoxa sensitivity 3 in 1 cleanser, Radox off limits shower gel with thyme and cedar leaf oil and Sunsilk scalp care shampoo with avocado milk. At the sink i've got organic sandalwood soap and Feel good Fruits pink grapefruit/fig/thyme handwash.

Can you tell i love fruit and herbs? Lol. Im also trying desperately to only use products that dont test on animals. Shampoo im lacking in that area, the one organics shampoo i was about to buy i couldn't find anymore. Unfortunately the Body Shop ginger one i used made my hair sort of rough even though it cleaned my scalp so im using Sunsilk (made by Unilever) i feel like such a bad person.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yardley's Olde English Lavender body wash. For hand soap, I use an antibacterial liquid, bought at the 99-cent store.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nutragena Body Wash- its the only thing I can use that doesn't make my eczema flare up

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I just use plain old tone bar soap. The scent isn't strong or floral so it doesn't make me sick smelling it and it's never broke out my skin like several brands have done in the past.

I'm currently trying out going no shampoo, there's other ways to clean your hair without stripping and destroying it. I did a baking soda and conditioner wash yesterday and my hair doesn't feel like a limp lifeless mess.
And best of all I didn't lose a handful or two of hair from washing it like I usually do.. something that's always rather upsetting to see.

Seriously, look up several of the ingredients in your shampoos, soaps, and body washes. Some are very harsh.
Me too. Any kind of shampoo I used was making my hair fall out and store bought soap was drying my skin so I switched to handmade soap for skin and hair.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bath and Body Works. I stock up at their After Christmas and June sales to last me until the next one. I use various shampoos and conditioners, and never stick to just one brand/ kind. Switching is good because they all take stuff out and put other stuff in so I switch everyday to give it balance.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

right now I am using Suave cucumber melon. It smells so good!
I forgot about Suave! We use that sometimes too (ITS CHEAP!) and it actually doesn't make my skin super dry or anything, so sometimes I'll get that too, it smells super good!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

Any kind of shampoo I used was making my hair fall out and store bought soap was drying my skin so I switched to handmade soap for skin and hair.
Safer to do so. I have to look into soaps, I do know there are a lot of safe scrubs and washes made from stuff like oatmeal, brown sugar (to scrub with), and that apple cider vinegar is good for skin.

A lot of the chemicals in shampoos and soaps are kind of scary when you read their other uses, like sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate, propylene glycol and butylene glycol, and alcohol. It's common knowledge that alcohol is very drying and can add in the absorption of other chemicals into the skin, yet it's in practically everything.

Everyone knows to avoid excess sun, but what if your soaps and body washes, the chemicals they contain, are adding to the chance of skin cancer?

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmmm...... body wash was Origins Fretnot (now Disco) Also, B&BW Fig (also disco), their aromatherapy lavendar or orange ginger. Ojon shampoos and conditioners, Antibac soap is also B&BW aromatherapy euculyptus or orange ginger!