Some1 stole my camera at the wedding

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday was the wedding, now my brand new camera that we got in July was at our table, and it went missing
Now there were a few people there that werent trustworhty and things seem to go missing around them, well I asked if they seen it and they said no and ran outside while thier ride was still at the party
a little suspicious to me
Now some one couldnt of accidently took it because it was at our table which was reserved! Also at the reception the same person went and sat in the pews where the bridesmaids sit! And she tried telling me I can't smoke in MY BROTHERS house, so I told him and he said ya umm this is my house and I am smoking if I want to
But this chick is 15 and hangs out with my SIL's sister who is 23 or 24

Now my mom told my brother bout the camera going missing, and all my brother said was "imagine that"
And then my SIL said I hope ur camera turns up because our pics didn't take
I did get a little mad over that because its like she didn't even care that it was gone!

Also I was suppsed to stay at my brothers last night, but I went over fed the dogs and cats and came home! My SIL's family took over the house last night and I had no where to even sit and well I am there every weekend and my grandma sometimes gets stuck paying the mortgage now I say I have more rights to at least be able to sit in the living room!

So all my pictures of the kitties that I took the other day that I havent uploaded are gone, I finally got pictures of me and my best friend who is the type to hate getting pictures taken and I have known her for 10-15 years and I finally get a picture of us and her baby and some with me and the baby and then the camera went missing
I was so mad I was crying and flipping out!

So sorry guys, there will be no more pics of my kitties
My brother seems to be convinced it will turn up

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soooo sorry that happened!
That is the biggest reason I don't leave anything valuable out of my sight. Even if I think I can trust that person! Because if there is even an opportunity, it will happen.
That just pisses me off!
I hope it turns up, but it doesn't look good. Especially that girl that is so suspicious. I would keep an eye out on her if I were you. I hope something good does happen for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I'm soooo sorry that happened!
That is the biggest reason I don't leave anything valuable out of my sight. Even if I think I can trust that person! Because if there is even an opportunity, it will happen.
That just pisses me off!
I hope it turns up, but it doesn't look good. Especially that girl that is so suspicious. I would keep an eye out on her if I were you. I hope something good does happen for you.
See heres the thing they live in WV and I am here in Pittsburgh so I keep checking to see if their are new pics on her myspace ecs suspicious ones, since all the pics she took was with others cameras that have the time stamp and I turned that off on my camera, and luckily and unfortunatly she lives to far away! Here is the kicker my other brother was at the bridal table and right in front of my mom and dads table were the camera's were and he wasnt paying attention because he was too loaded
but the whole night the 15 year old sister kept hitting on my brother and did some pretty shocking dances with him while idk our whole family was there watching!

It just upsets me so much that everyones things were around and people would actually steal at a wedding! My gram actually told him that too and they said something because I had invited my friend who was there for a half hour maybe and well shes known us for years and been one of my best friends for years, mind u she didn't eat or drink anything and well alos the fact that my brother had invited our neighbors who we rarely talk to and my sil has the nerve to say something bout me inviting one friend while her sister brought 3! ANd this all happened after my ffriend had left because the last known pictures was of me, her and her baby! My brother also got mad at m grandma because she brought up the camera today and the girls well my SIL got mad!

But i am just so upset we took 2 camera's and most of the pictures were on the good camera including my niece who was toooooooo cute!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that happened to you
It's a shame that there are so many horrible people in this world that would stoop so low.

My friend had her camcorder stolen some years back. This was when they were like $700.00 or more. Someone took it right out of her bag that she had sitting under the table. So you know that the person didn't make a mistake and "accident" pick it up. It was deliberate, as I'm sure the loss of your camera is.

Do halls not have insurance against such things... or does the couple not take out insurance to protect against loss or damage?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

See heres the thing they live in WV and I am here in Pittsburgh so I keep checking to see if their are new pics on her myspace ecs suspicious ones, since all the pics she took was with others cameras that have the time stamp and I turned that off on my camera, and luckily and unfortunatly she lives to far away! Here is the kicker my other brother was at the bridal table and right in front of my mom and dads table were the camera's were and he wasnt paying attention because he was too loaded
but the whole night the 15 year old sister kept hitting on my brother and did some pretty shocking dances with him while idk our whole family was there watching!

It just upsets me so much that everyones things were around and people would actually steal at a wedding! My gram actually told him that too and they said something because I had invited my friend who was there for a half hour maybe and well shes known us for years and been one of my best friends for years, mind u she didn't eat or drink anything and well alos the fact that my brother had invited our neighbors who we rarely talk to and my sil has the nerve to say something bout me inviting one friend while her sister brought 3! ANd this all happened after my ffriend had left because the last known pictures was of me, her and her baby! My brother also got mad at m grandma because she brought up the camera today and the girls well my SIL got mad!

But i am just so upset we took 2 camera's and most of the pictures were on the good camera including my niece who was toooooooo cute!
That makes me mad when someone steals. I have no sympathy for theives. That girl needs to show some respect at a wedding. I am really mad because it did happen at a wedding! I hope that you will be able to recover it somehow. Pictures are often precious memories that can't be replaced or reproduced.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm sorry that happened to you
It's a shame that there are so many horrible people in this world that would stoop so low.

My friend had her camcorder stolen some years back. This was when they were like $700.00 or more. Someone took it right out of her bag that she had sitting under the table. So you know that the person didn't make a mistake and "accident" pick it up. It was deliberate, as I'm sure the loss of your camera is.

Do halls not have insurance against such things... or does the couple not take out insurance to protect against loss or damage?
no they even have a sign that says about if something is stolen its not their problem well thats summing it up lol, I cant remember exactly what it said! But nope no insurance!!

Originally Posted by Duchess15

That makes me mad when someone steals. I have no sympathy for theives. That girl needs to show some respect at a wedding. I am really mad because it did happen at a wedding! I hope that you will be able to recover it somehow. Pictures are often precious memories that can't be replaced or reproduced.
Ya my family is sort of on strike from going to events because this girl is always there! And well my brother is mad at my grandma because she said about how she has been to soo many weddings and nothing has ever been stolen and such! There is just no way someone took it accidently ecs since it was at our table you know! I am hoping that she slips up and someone finds it but we dont have high hopes
But there is a plus, its an olympus and well it has a battery charger that came with it and well thats here of course so idk what they are gonna do when it dies
But ya all the pictures I havent printed yet are gone which was a good 100 or so, and the ones from the wedding! Like I said we have some, and I am gonna see if I can get my uncles camera at least to get more pics u know! I am just soo mad over this!

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that happened to you...do you have a homeowners or renters insurance? You might be able to make a claim for your camera on that. If not, let it go. It's hard, I know, you lost some photos and a few hundred dollars worth of property. You have a suspect, but really, it could have been anyone at the wedding.

If you have the serial number of the camera, make a police report and insist the officer enter it into the automated property system (APS in California...might be called something else where you are) that way if the thief is caught doing some other nefarious deed, and an officer runs the property in their possession (good cops know when people seem to have things they shouldn't have), you will be reunitied with your camera and the suspect can be charged with possession of stolen property.

You can name your suspect to the officer who takes your report, but remember without witnesses, the officer doesn't have a lot to work with. As far as they are concerned, if you didn't see it stolen and there are no witnesses, you have no leads for them and the solvability of the crime is unlikely. They might contact the suspect and just ask if they "know anything about the theft", but can't do much more.

Something else you can do is to send an email to Olympus telling them that your camera was stolen in case the thief contacts them trying to purchase a battery charger or any software that might go with the camera. And you could also call any camera shops or best buy stores in the area and alert them as well. The latter will be much more likely to suceed IF you have the serial number to the camera.

Another thing that might work, would be to do all of the above, and then let everyone who was at the wedding know what happened and that you have filed a police report documenting the incident, but say that you realize now that someone might have picked up your camera by accident, and if that's the case, you'd just like to get your camera back "no questions asked". The person who took your camera may not respond to that, but maybe someone else will. Never know, it's worth a try.

Good luck!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soo sad that people can't even be trusted at an intiment family/friend even like a wedding. I am soo sorry someone stole your camera. I do hope it will turn up soon!!