Oh I just had the best idea!!!!!! Hehe maybe good for mother's day????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So i'm about to head over to my mom's for mother's day (i worked this morning and have to go back tonight to rewater the animals and all.) I was thinking....i can take my little foster kittens with me in their carrier to my mom's house. She's been thinking about adopting a new kitty since i moved 3 of my girls into mine and colin's house. The kitty i left behind, Abilene (my mom's favorite) is lonely and has been crying for company- so my mom's thinking about adopting. SOOOO I could let her see some of my foster kittens (that won't be ready for a few weeks- so she has time to think it over and all!!!
) Would that be an ok idea for mother's day- just to let her look? If she wants one today though i can take her to the shelter and let her look there too!!!! What do ya'll think???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just called her back a minute ago and asked if it was ok for me to bring my foster babies with me- she said of course. Hehe i hope she picks out one to adopt

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo how exciting!!!! Good luck, I have no doubt she'll fall in love with them, hopefully enough to want to take one!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great idea! Even if she doesn't adopt one, just the pleasure of spending time with them is a perfect Mother's Day gift!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the baby kittens went to visit their foster grandmeowmy for a bit!
We had dinner and watched "shrek" tonight
My mom had a blast feeding them and just holding them
I think Fiona and Fancy are her favorite of the 4
We let Abby sniff at them a bit and the reaction was as can be expected for her- hissing. (granted they will be introduced properly if my mom does decide to adopt.) For right now, my mom said she wasn't ready to adopt- she is still not over the girls moving out and will need a little time (totally understandable!!) but i think it did her some good to hold the little foster kittens and see them
We had a good time, and the kittens got spoiled rotten
They deserved it after their evil meowmy gave them a bath today
(they SWAM in their bowl of milk- we're starting to try and get them off the bottle and into the milk bowl gradually). I told my mom if she changes her mind- to just let me know, there are TONS of kitties up at the shelter right now and i will also hae these little ones a while longer- so she has lots of options if she decides she's ready to adopt

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your Mom and that you took the kitties there too. Nothing like a cute kitten to brighten up a day
She had a great time!!! It was sooo nice to get to spend some time with her too (it's hard trying to figure out a good time to see each other because we when i'm at work, she's off most of the time,and when she's off i'm at work...so i've just been going after work some days
) She LOVES kittens and helped me with my foster kittens when i was living at home- so it definitely put her in a good mood to have little kittens back in the house again for a bit
They even "signed" her mother's day card with a little paw print i took of each of them

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you and the kitties got to spend some quality time with your mom! Sounds like a great time was had by all!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was very nice to do and you know put the thought in her head about another cat!