Duke and Ares

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been inspired by Siggavs beautiful photo's of her gorgeous Nikita to start a thread of pics for my boys.

I've decided, after exaughsting quite a few other options, that Dreamer was not a good fit in our home. She and Duke did not get along at all, and she was very stressed. So we decided to rehome her. I'll keep you all posted on her though.

Anyway, heres a ton of pics of my boys...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what wonderful photos - the close-up are just amazing
and of course beautiful stunning kitties

I am sorry to hear about Dreamer, I'm not to to date, I thought everything was sort of going ok
but great that you have found a home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. They were suprisingly good subjects, and for the close up, my camera has a pretty good zoom.

I had not mentioned much about Dreamer 'cause I don't like to be the bearer of bad news. She and Duke had been fighting for dominance, and it had been escalating for a while. She was also stressed and having potty issues (for example, she pooed on my bed... while I was IN it!). She never really relaxed around Duke, and Ares was starting to pick on her too (that boy is such a follower!)

Ares was also picking up on her nervous behavior and acting skittish as well. We took Dreamer yesterday morning, and already its calmer around the house. Ares had not really allowed us to touch him much or for extended periods of time while she was there. In fact, it was starting to get worse. Well, when we got home about six hours later, he came up to me to cuddle and even let my DH pet him (something he's only done once).

But Dreamer is in good hands now, and I will fill you all in on that as more develops. As difficult as it was to let her go (yes, I cried like a baby) I very strongly believe it was for the best. Thanks for all of your well wishes!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sad to hear that you had to let Dreamer go but it's really sounding like it was for the best for everyone involved. Sometimes cats just don't get along.

I love the close ups of Duke, he has such gorgeous eyes

I also love Ares's face. He's got such a wide nose bridge and great 'goggles', the licking photo is just too cute. I also adore the black dots on his muzzle where the whiskers come out, really make him look wild

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful detailed photo's I just love them. I noticed also that you were able to pick up some of Are's glitter.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful pictures! I am sorry to hear about Dreamer, but it does sound as if you did the best thing for all the cats, even if it was heartbreaking for you - sometimes despite our best efforts we cannot make our cats get along, and if she wasn't happy in your home and you found a better situation for her, then that was the right thing to do for all of you. I hope that she's settling in well in her new home and is happy now

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes we have to do what is best for the cat - not ourselves. Will you get to keep in touch with Dreamer's owners to see how she's doing?

And will you be showing Ares? Love the pictures

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Beautiful detailed photo's I just love them. I noticed also that you were able to pick up some of Are's glitter.
Thanks Hope, and I did get some really good pics of his glitter. Sunlight is a bengals best friend! LOL!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Sometimes we have to do what is best for the cat - not ourselves. Will you get to keep in touch with Dreamer's owners to see how she's doing?

And will you be showing Ares? Love the pictures
Yes, fortunately I will be able to keep tabs on Dreamer going forward.

And no, I don't think I'll be showing Ares, which is a shame 'cause he's a gorgeous boy. But I don't have his papers yet, and I'm still not so sure that his temperament will be suitable for shows. I haven't tried taking him to petsmart yet though, so we'll see how he reacts there.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His eyes in the first one. Wow, the swirls and shades of blue are just jaw dropping. Great photo as well, you're obviously getting familiar with your camera

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Love the shots of their eyes!
They are beautiful! Wonderful job taking those pictures.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

His eyes in the first one. Wow, the swirls and shades of blue are just jaw dropping. Great photo as well, you're obviously getting familiar with your camera
Duke is such a handsome boy, I have a hard time not picking him up every five minutes to cuddle. I'm at work right now and looking at that pick I miss him so much! (Man, I am such a dork!!!)

Yeah, I'm getting a handle on my camera. I love it. Soon I'll be itchin for a DSLR!