sorry need help with this colour/markings.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank in advance but im stumped. iv had classic tabbys with the bulls eye etc.. but not one with these markings. i will try and get some better pictures up but the lighten isnt that good. its not important that i know but it would be nice to know lol.

sorry about this one , it was before i changed the sheets after the birth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok i thought as much , but on his face he seems to have a tint of brown? i will have to get one of his face to show.
thank you for replying.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A brownish tinit is called tarnish. It happens. It may or may not fade with time.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok thanx again, this will sound really silly now but i will post it anyway , i always thought a tarnish was only in bengals
thats only because iv only ever read about tarnish on this fourm and its always been about bengals
. thanx for clearing that up for me lol.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

another silly question kinda related: What does the "McTabby" mean?
Mc or Mac means Mackerel
And the stripey markings of the cat goes downward from the spine

BTW there are no silly questions but I cannot guarantee a silly answer!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a silver mackeral tabby (lines are broken tho). But any silver tabby can have tarnish (or brownish markings). I've seen tarnished Silver Tabby American SH's have it. Makes them a pet rather then a show cat cause tarnish is undesirable on a silver show quality.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanx , but what does broken lines mean lol?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just means the mackeral striping is broke - separated - should be from spine line straight down to the end. He's got the stripes broke in the middle
Doesn't make him less quality - just that its undesirable if he was a show cat that was in the championship class.

But he would make a good candidate for the household pet class - very pretty markings

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you for explaining that. i have never shown any cat and wouldnt know where to start lol. so i dont think that will be happening anyway, i must admit iv never seen a mac silver or even a brown , just the normal classic brown tabbys here lol.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird that you've never seen a mackeral tabby - they usually are far more common in mixed breeds rather then the classic (bullseye) pattern.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope i have Tom, Lilly, Anne,tigerlilly and annes baby stripes who are all classic brown tabbys , the foster i have at the moment Gizmo his an orange and white tabby and he also has the classic bulls eye markings.
my SO mum has a brown classic tabby and my mum has a brown and white tabby with the classic tabby markings. i could go on and on lol but never ever seen a mackeral tabby.
now look i will be on the look out now when ever i go to the shelter or around the street lol

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes fluffy is the mum and she had 4 kittens 3 black males and the silver mackeral male. i didnt post here as she is not a pure bred and im not a breeder so its in the pc/kc fourm. long story.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

yes fluffy is the mum and she had 4 kittens 3 black males and the silver mackeral male. i didnt post here as she is not a pure bred and im not a breeder so its in the pc/kc fourm. long story.
Ahhh, I shall look for the story and the photos! This little kitten is so adorable - sweet baby, who cares about your color, you are too sweet for words!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol how it all started is in a thread called *OMG*
no i dont care about the colour but its always nice to know.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea i knew about the white there lol. i must admit i was suprised not to see at least 1 black and white lol