Bob Barker retiring from Price is Right

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have been speculating as to who was going to take over for a while now...one of the people was Rosie O'Donnell which I don't think would work
No matter who they choose if they decide to keep the show,on, it will NEVER be the same.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will miss him because he says please have your pets spayed or neutered after each show.
and he seems really cool.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch it almost everyday, too - it's the one show on at that time of day that I don't have to monitor minute by minute with my 3 yr old daughter when I'm folding clothes
. She's going to be so confused when he's not on there anymore! It took a few weeks to convince her that Alex Trabeck wasn't Bob Barker, too!
I'm kinda dreading seeing who will be on there next...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, he announced last year that he was retiring, but I have no clue when. I thought it was last year but so far he's still there.

When is his last show? Or is it going to be like "Cher" and her final tour which has been going on for like 3 years? LOL

prettyboy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

I will miss him because he says please have your pets spayed or neutered after each show.
and he seems really cool
i think he should work it into his retirement package that whoever replaces
him HAS to say at the end of each show "SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS"

LOL they could do that !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yeah, he announced last year that he was retiring, but I have no clue when. I thought it was last year but so far he's still there.

When is his last show? Or is it going to be like "Cher" and her final tour which has been going on for like 3 years? LOL
I believe the Million Dollar Spectular(sp) will be on this Wednesday night.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah they announced this awhile ago- I do believe there were some posts previously about it. His last show is in June. At least thats what they said when he first announced he was leaving.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

They have been speculating as to who was going to take over for a while now...one of the people was Rosie O'Donnell which I don't think would work
No matter who they choose if they decide to keep the show,on, it will NEVER be the same.
Oh good grief. If they had Rosie O'Donnell host that show, I would never watch it again. She is to rude and nasty to do that show and I never did like her. Bob Barker was not the original host of the Price is Right, but he did host it for the majority of the time. (I don't know who the original host was). It won't be the same without Bob Barker. It was hard getting used to the new announcer, when Johnny Olsen (sp) died. He was on there as long as Bob Barker.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Oh good grief. If they had Rosie O'Donnell host that show, I would never watch it again. She is to rude and nasty to do that show and I never did like her. Bob Barker was not the original host of the Price is Right, but he did host it for the majority of the time. (I don't know who the original host was). It won't be the same without Bob Barker. It was hard getting used to the new announcer, when Johnny Olsen (sp) died. He was on there as long as Bob Barker.
My thoughts exactly. I grew up having lunch with Grandma watching the Price is Right every day and I just don't know if I could watch it without him on there. It's just such an ingrained part of my childhood memories. I mean even when I see it on somewhere I get the urge to go make myself some ABC Noodles with ketchup!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard Mario Lopez was also mentioned to take over the show, I wouldn't mind that since Mario is eye candy. I don't usually watch the show anyway, my TV isn't turned on that early in the day.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Rosie took over, I would never watch it again, and I'm sure many wouldn't either. Heck, I don't even watch Family Feud anymore now that Al from Home Improvement isn't on it anymore...and he's not even the original host! But I figure, I like him more than J. Peterman from Seinfeld