The KY Castle

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet ya didn't know KY was known for a castle huh... This castle was brought over piece by piece and reassembled. It's in Versailles, Ky which is about 30 minutes from me. Sierra calls it her castle.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen it many times it's pretty cool, I want to stay there...There was a whole thing about it on the news the other night and they were supposed to go inside and everything and I missed it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I've seen it many times it's pretty cool, I want to stay there...There was a whole thing about it on the news the other night and they were supposed to go inside and everything and I missed it
Bummer. I think the ren fair should be held here instead of in Eminence.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

I bet ya didn't know KY was known for a castle huh... This castle was brought over piece by piece and reassembled. It's in Versailles, Ky which is about 30 minutes from me. Sierra calls it her castle.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...y/DSCN1002.jpg
Oh wow! That's huge! There is one on Clinch Mtn. here,but it's no where near that big!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aww! You're making me homesick

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alice_curiouser

WOW! That is really cool. West Virginia has a small castle (circa 1885), but nothing like that!
That's very pretty. I don't think ours is decorated inside. But no one really knows. It's not open to the public.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cool! I love all that kind of stuff. There's no interesting historical architecture in Australia - except prisons!

`KY' has a different meaning here....I had to open the thread to find out....ahhhh I see.....she's talking about Kentucky.....

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it wasn't that our states were neighbors, I'd have thought about that lubricant, too.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

That's cool! I love all that kind of stuff. There's no interesting historical architecture in Australia - except prisons!

`KY' has a different meaning here....I had to open the thread to find out....ahhhh I see.....she's talking about Kentucky.....
What does Ky mean? Or do you mean KY jelly.

Ya know I don't know where they brought it from originally. But I'll try to look it up.

Ok I'm trying to look it up but it's a little difficult. Seems lots of rumors and little fact. So here's what I've gathered. He didn't bring it over. It's a replica. And the original owner built it for his wife. http://www.dupontcastle.com/castles/martin.htm

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived in Versailles and later Lexington, so I've seen the Castle many times.
. Didn't it catch fire a few years ago? I remember when there was a rumor going around that Lee Majors was going to buy it. Of course he didn't.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

I lived in Versailles and later Lexington, so I've seen the Castle many times.
. Didn't it catch fire a few years ago? I remember when there was a rumor going around that Lee Majors was going to buy it. Of course he didn't.
Yes it did. They've rebuilt it now and added onto it. I think they may turn it into a bed & breakfast or restaurant.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes it did. They've rebuilt it now and added onto it. I think they may turn it into a bed & breakfast or restaurant.
I hope they do that...there will be a waiting list a mile long, there is so much secrecy that surrounds this place, it will be awesome to see inside

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

What does Ky mean? Or do you mean KY jelly.
This is OT, but I was told a story (it actually happened I just didn't see it--came from a reliable source though) about a lady that decided that she didn't care for that KY jelly on her toast. She requested that they not bring it for her toast the next time.