That heifer took off her new collar this morning!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So a few days ago (i think it was on thurs?) Jasmine lost her collar. It fit her properly and everthing- so i'm not sure what happened
(i think Izzy perhaps helped her out of it
)) So i went out last night and got her a new collar and proper id just to be safe (mine are all indoors only - but working at a shelter- i see sooooo many animals come in thatwere supposedly "indoor only" but escaped- so i like to be careful) I cought her little butt last night and managed to get the collar on her (she hates them
) This afternoon when i came home on my lunch break the little buggar had taken it off and left it in the floor
I swear!!! I'm gonna ring her neck!
(once again properly fitting as well...) Like it or not, that heifer is gonna wear her collar

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Jasmine...having to endure being called a heifer!

How the heck is she getting out of them? Is she breaking out of the breakaway type?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

How the heck is she getting out of them? Is she breaking out of the breakaway type?
cat abuse cat abuse!!!

you are going to cause self image problems for her.
do you have any idea how much money she will have to spend to recover?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

cat abuse cat abuse!!!

OMG calling her a heifer

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

cat abuse cat abuse!!!

I smell a lawsuit!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she was black and white and from Wisconsin it wouldn't be so bad!! I've got a nie breakaway John Deere collar for Bakker and he's been wearing to for weeks!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yup! That's exactly what she's doing- and she's pretty nible for a chunky little kitty too
so i can only imagine her trying to contort her body to get out of that collar
Bless her!!
rotten little thing
(i didn't mean anything by the "heifer" expression- we use it all the time around here to when someone is being rotten
)

cat abuse cat abuse!!!

lol bruce you crack me up

Originally Posted by Pami

OMG calling her a heifer
lol oh but she is- she's rotten

I smell a lawsuit!
lol...i'm sure it can be settled out of court with a bribe for tuna

Originally Posted by GailC

If she was black and white and from Wisconsin it wouldn't be so bad!! I've got a nie breakaway John Deere collar for Bakker and he's been wearing to for weeks!!
maybe so!!! awww i love john deere stuff!!!do you have a picture of bakker's collar?? i bet it's cute!!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty....lol

After this current round of Battle of the Wills, the score stands:
Kitty Cat- 2
Meowmy- 0

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Poor kitty....lol

After this current round of Battle of the Wills, the score stands:
Kitty Cat- 2
Meowmy- 0
Ahhh but meowmy just gets another one and puts it right back on the little rugrats
I win!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

So a few days ago (i think it was on thurs?) Jasmine lost her collar. It fit her properly and everthing- so i'm not sure what happened
(i think Izzy perhaps helped her out of it
)) So i went out last night and got her a new collar and proper id just to be safe (mine are all indoors only - but working at a shelter- i see sooooo many animals come in thatwere supposedly "indoor only" but escaped- so i like to be careful) I cought her little butt last night and managed to get the collar on her (she hates them
) This afternoon when i came home on my lunch break the little buggar had taken it off and left it in the floor
I swear!!! I'm gonna ring her neck!
(once again properly fitting as well...) Like it or not, that heifer is gonna wear her collar
Sounds like the battle I had with Fawn. I went through six collars of various types, before I won. It was a game for her. I'd come home and find her collarless, and twelve hours later the missing collar would turn up, undone, in some place that I had walked through a dozen times since discovering it missing. So it was quite clear that she was having me on.

I ended up using a puppy collar with a standard buckle and a long tongue that could be taped down so she couldn't work it out of the buckle. Once that stayed on for a while, and she wasn't messing with it, I swapped back to the stretch breakaway, and she's been fine ever since. (I was determined that she would learn to wear a collar, because ours is an indoor/outdoor household and she needed to be ready for the opening of the doors in spring.) Now, when she loses a collar outside -- which she does once or twice a year -- she comes to me and shows me her bare neck and we go into the bathroom and put on the spare right away with no fuss.

Good luck with your little heifer!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Sounds like the battle I had with Fawn. I went through six collars of various types, before I won. It was a game for her. I'd come home and find her collarless, and twelve hours later the missing collar would turn up, undone, in some place that I had walked through a dozen times since discovering it missing. So it was quite clear that she was having me on.

I ended up using a puppy collar with a standard buckle and a long tongue that could be taped down so she couldn't work it out of the buckle. Once that stayed on for a while, and she wasn't messing with it, I swapped back to the stretch breakaway, and she's been fine ever since. (I was determined that she would learn to wear a collar, because ours is an indoor/outdoor household and she needed to be ready for the opening of the doors in spring.) Now, when she loses a collar outside -- which she does once or twice a year -- she comes to me and shows me her bare neck and we go into the bathroom and put on the spare right away with no fuss.

Good luck with your little heifer!
It was still on her when i came home a minute ago!!
So far so good
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that if she does it again.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

come on little heifer you can do it, get it off
Bruce!
You're not supposed to encourage Jasmine to misbehave! She does that well enough on her own without the added cheering

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles occasionally takes her collar off by rubbing on the spout in the tub. She catches the collar on it and pulls so it breaks away. Then they drag it around the house.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Noodles occasionally takes her collar off by rubbing on the spout in the tub. She catches the collar on it and pulls so it breaks away. Then they drag it around the house.
glad mine haven't figured out that little trick yet
i still haven't found the first collar jasmine lost

curlyq629

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vibes must be going around!

Leo has taken off his collar twice in the last 3 days (he has the Safe Cat breakaway kind). Not only is he taking them off, he is then chewing the plastic clasp so that it breaks and won't close again! I bought a new one and he broke it within 24 hours! I'm not sure why he's doing this- he's worn his collar happily for a year without any issues, and now all the sudden....

Any suggestions on what to buy this time around??? I'm not willing to shell out the $5 every other day, but I'm paranoid about my kitties wearing a collar, even though they're indoor-only!

TIA!