The Secret

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposedly I watched the movie and enjoyed it (my boyfriend told me) but i cannot for the life of me even remember a single bit about it! We have the book around here too, I should get it out.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have it, and read about a quarter of the way through it the last time I was had court and was waiting to testify. I got the impression that it was all about using positive thoughts to attract money to yourself. I should probably read the rest of the book to see if there is anything else to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lakeriedog

I have it, and read about a quarter of the way through it the last time I was had court and was waiting to testify. I got the impression that it was all about using positive thoughts to attract money to yourself. I should probably read the rest of the book to see if there is anything else to it.
Yes Money and just everything about attitude I think, Maybe how to be a more positive person and that brings more positive things to you. She said it was very good. Her & my SIL have been reading it together

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been selling like nothing I've ever seen before, and looks like a permanent thing on the bestseller list, mostly after Oprah recommended it. Which is weird for something that's shelving in the New Age section.

I haven't read the book but the reviews/summarys of it sound like the point of the book is that you can change anything you want to in your life by thinking positively. Sounds like bs to me, and irresponsible (like what, if you are poor or in bad health or whatever, it's because you aren't thinking happy enough thoughts?!) But I guess on the flip side it could be helpful to people who have convinced themselves that they aren't deserving of anything better.

It definitely isn't very long, I guess I should read it before I judge it, but I'm just not interested in something with fake wax on the cover called the Secret when the philosophy's been around forever.