So I hear this wretching sound a little while ago...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and tiptoe into the kitchen to see who it is, and there is Ferris with what looks like about 4 ounces of undigested wet food mixed with water in a spreading brown POOL in front of him - on the rug, of course.

I look over at the food bowls - his and Ginger's, and his is empty, her's nearly so.

Is it Bulemia or simple hoggishness? I think SOMEONE decided to get a little greedy, because it tasted SO GOOD, so I think I'll eat it ALL UP, then

Oh my head...kids...

I have just locked him in the kitchen - I don't need any more barf on the rugs, lol...had to lure him back in there with a treat because he ran from me when I went to clean it up.

Yup.
He's a "foodie." Gonna have to watch this boy's weight...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

and tiptoe into the kitchen to see who it is, and there is Ferris with what looks like about 4 ounces of undigested wet food mixed with water in a spreading brown POOL in front of him - on the rug, of course.

I look over at the food bowls - his and Ginger's, and his is empty, her's nearly so.

Is it Bulemia or simple hoggishness? I think SOMEONE decided to get a little greedy, because it tasted SO GOOD, so I think I'll eat it ALL UP, then

Oh my head...kids...

I have just locked him in the kitchen - I don't need any more barf on the rugs, lol...had to lure him back in there with a treat because he ran from me when I went to clean it up.

Yup.
He's a "foodie." Gonna have to watch this boy's weight...

Tiger's notorious for this too
He will eat until he pops.... literally

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Clydie is the same way, and Dylan is sometimes, too -- but some members here suggested awhile back that I try raising the food bowls just a few inches off the floor, in case having to bend down to eat was part of the problem, and by golly, it helped a lot!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pearl eats so fast she throws up. She was much worse about it until I started feeding her in another room. The others would bully her out of her food, so she would scarf it down to keep them from getting it. Now she seldom does it, but when she does, it is ususally when she is standing on the end of my bed, right on to the hardwood floor. YUCK!!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have my sincerest sympathy! Cat barf on the rug is no fun at all! None of my girls ever seem to barf on the vinyl floor, only the off white carpet. Thank God for Spot Shot. Spooky was my bulimic kitty. Like Carol suggested, raising the bowls helped her a lot. I also put smaller amounts of food into the bowl so she had to eat smaller portions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the very first time he's barfed up his dinner.

I think the problem was much less the positioning of the bowls - rather, it was that he ate both his entire dish of wet food AND almost all of Ginger's up, and ate it really fast. The sheer volume was just too much for his tummy to handle all at once.

He's my little piglet.

He was completely fine after that, and about 20 minutes later went back to finish the rest of what he'd left in Ginger's bowl. So much for HER supper!

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Phantom has had barfing issues sence I took her in. I changed foods and started to feed her smaller portions and away from the boys. She barfs now maybie once a week if that and it used to be 3 times a day lol.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

He was completely fine after that, and about 20 minutes later went back to finish the rest of what he'd left in Ginger's bowl. So much for HER supper!
His little tummy was empty again after throwing up the last lot! Poor Ferris

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a hungry kitty! Surley you don't feed him enough ever

Oscar does that if I give him more than one Greenie at a time......I have to watch him cause he eats them up so fast and he pukes it right back up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

What a hungry kitty! Surley you don't feed him enough ever
While I promised this little boy that he would never go hungry ever again, I did NOT tell him it was ok to force Ginger to go without!

And just the other day I was bragging that he doesn't gobble his food like a starving little feral anymore.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

While I promised this little boy that he would never go hungry ever again, I did NOT tell him it was ok to force Ginger to go without!

And just the other day I was bragging that he doesn't gobble his food like a starving little feral anymore.
It must be a male thing

Poor Ginger....

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella is notorious for this too. If I don't watch both bowls closely (and give her no more than an ounce of wet at a time) I end up with a food turd on my carpet. Poor Stanley does this digging motion around his bowl (I guess he's trying to bury it so she won't eat it?) then I put his bowl in a safe place (the oven if it's not on) until she leaves.

DH says we have a bulemic cat
Vet says she just eats too fast.
I keep telling her, there's only two cats now, you'll always get fed