TCS Treasure Challenge - 5000 points!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the TCS Treasure Challenge!

We know how much everyone loves TCS.

We know how much everyone has learned about one another here.

We know how much everyone loves a challenge.

Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve combined all three into the
TCS Treasure Challenge!

All Challengers that complete the treasure hunt correctly will be awarded

500 vbPlaza points.

A poll will be opened for 24 hours for ALL members to vote for a number that has been randomly assigned to each Challenger that provided the correct answer.

At the close of the poll, the votes will be counted and the winner will receive

5000 vbPlaza points!

The TCS Treasure Challenge

Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve recruited members of TCS to help with this Challenge.
They are the Keepers of the Treasure.

Your job is to figure out who the Keepers are, by answering the questions posted each day. Each correct answer will get you a piece of the Treasure.
You must have contacted EVERY Keeper along the way to be eligible to win.
On the final day of the treasure hunt, you will have one more task to complete to
unlock the treasure chest and claim the points.

Hereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s how to play……

Beginning at 8 am EDT Saturday May 12, there will be several questions posted.
Each correct answer will lead you to a member of TCS, a Keeper.
You will contact each Keeper via PM to obtain a piece of the treasure.
DONâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]T POST YOUR ANSWERS, you will just be making it easy for others!

(For Challengers under the age of 18 that cannot use the TCS PM system, please email your answers to AbbysMom, a moderator who has kindly volunteered to assist you.
Her email address is abbysmom (add @thecatsite.com) )

By Thursday morning May 17th, you will have seen all the clues to who the Keepers are.
You will have gotten twenty pieces of treasure.
You will then be given 24 hours to complete one final task which will be posted Thursday morning, along with the final two clues,
and submit your answer via PM by 8 am EDT Friday May 18th.

(Again, for Challengers under the age of 18 that cannot use the TCS PM system, please email your answers to AbbysMom)

Once your answer has been submitted, and we have confirmed that every Keeper
was contacted, contestants with the correct answer will be awarded 500 points
and assigned a random number based on the amount of correct answers.

A poll will be posted on Friday May 18th for ALL TCS members to select a number.
The number with the highest amount of votes will be declared the winner, and awarded
5000 points!

In the case of a tie, the contestants will be contacted with one bonus question to answer, given to them all at a mutually agreed upon time, so as to eliminate any influence due to time zones. First to answer will be declared the winner.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm...sounds good. I have to wait for the cable guy anyways, so I guess I'll be online

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds fun but confusing to me for a little bit. Once the first thing is posted I think I will understand it more!
(I'm a little slow sometimes!)

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Day One Clues

Saturday May 12th

Today is Day One of the TCS Treasure Challenge!

REMEMBER, DO NOT POST ANY ANSWERS HERE.
KEEP YOUR RESULTS SECRET!

Keeper 1 : This member posted about her cats never having hairballs/furballs in all her years of owning cats. She has both purebred and ‘domesticâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] cat(s) and spends her time playing old computer games and scanning old photos just in case there is ever a fire, as they are the most irreplaceable material thing she owns.

Keeper 2 : This member and her blinding white legs joined TCS because her ‘interestingly namedâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] beautiful girl was vomiting white liquid and was dehydrated. She once ruined her meatloaf dinner by making it too mushy and later burnt her chicken dinner and has posted about food several times. She has asked several questions about how vocal cats are and at what times are they more vocal.

Keeper 3: This former CIA analyst has a knack for photography and loves baseball. She has a lovely youthful voice, and her single cat is one of the least modest furbabies here on TCS. Her kitty was having some issues with pulling out her fur, and she came here looking for answers. She created a beautiful Parisian photograph of a fellow members kitties for her Secret Santa gift, along with some edible cat poop!

Good luck finding the first three Keepers.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a side note, please be patient waiting on responses from the Keepers. They might have a life outside TCS and not get back to you as quickly as you might like.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh this is going to be fun! Being a newer member this will give me an opportunity to learn more about everyone. This really is a great community.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a couple more "clues" after you've spent the last 12 hours trying to figure out who those Keepers are????

Keeper 1 lives in the UK and makes lots of fabulous siggys.

Keeper 2 is the freakiest Canuck on TCS!

Keeper 3 loves getting margaritas as gifts.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I got number two, but dang number three is going to drive me insane. And poor number one who isn't number one.

Hehehehe, this is fun. Can you tell I have no life?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

If you have any questions, just PM me or Eithne (icklemiss21.)

Good luck!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

There isn't that many sig makers especially UK ones
check the sig forum and go from there
Wow... and I thought I finally had it... guess not! I just PM'd the wrong person
Now I will have to go and check out #1 again!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning Challengers!

Welcome back to another day of the TCS Treasure Challenge!

Hpefully you're having some fun and learning more about how to use TCS to find the Keepers.

Time for thee more sets of clues about three more Keepers.

Good Luck

Keeper 4 This tall Pisces came to TCS looking for some advice after her cat gave birth to 5 kittens. She's a compassiate person that releases bugs instead of squishing them. Her cats love to spool off the toilet tissue, but it would do her no good to scare them away with the vacuum cleaner since they aren't afraid of it. She's a vegetarian that has great memories of growing up in Oz.

Keeper 5 This member lost some posts in the ‘Great Crash’ of 2004. Her favourite colour is purple. She has a colourful home that was once featured on a TV show. She enjoys being creative and sudoku puzzles and doesn’t drink coffee but loves chocolate. She has done work with ferals and shelter fosters and she has a kitty who spent a night away from her kittens at an emergency vet after giving this member quite a scare with some health problems when the kittens were a little under 6 weeks old.

Keeper 6 This TCS'er loves to take pictures of her four kits while they are helping with her day to day activities. She is bilingual in English and Spanish, and one of her cats speaks a third language. They are all rescues, and one of them loves to drink water by dipping his paw in it. She's been known to like a cold
or two, and loves her cinnamon toothpaste. She has submitted a book proposal to several publishers, and is not afraid to express her opinion about political or social topics in the IMO forum.