My cat dissappeared...

buttonstkk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For a few days he disappeared (he is an outside cat) and when he came home, he was acting strange.
He could only stand up for a few seconds before stumbling over and walking was out of the question.
He is very dizzy and my father believes he has suffered head trauma and will have put down.
I was just wondering if this is some kind of sickness or if he has been injured and if there is anything that can be done to save him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buttonstkk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just found him like this an hour ago and we cannot afford to take him to the vet.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i'm sorry about your cat. most vets have payment plans....so peace of mind to get your cat well/peace of mind to put him out of his pain is within reach.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may be able to get a vet office visit for less then having him pts. Just a thought.

My daughter had a cat dissapear a couple years ago and when she came back she had a head/eye injury, leg/hip injuries etc. Her cat healed fine just with time. She took her to the vet for an office visit and they told her she could spend X amount of dollars to treat her or just see if she will heal on her own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buttonstkk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words, we will see if he gets any better by tomorrow.
We might be able to get him checked up at the vets, if we can get the money.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are there low cost clinics near you? most people have a hard time affording a vet visit at a regular clinic, but low cost ones are a life saver sometimes. call a local shelter near you and ask if there are any. He really needs to see a vet though asap, you cannot ignore something as important as this.

what city and state do you live in?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ButtonsTKK

For a few days he disappeared (he is an outside cat) and when he came home, he was acting strange.
He could only stand up for a few seconds before stumbling over and walking was out of the question.
He is very dizzy and my father believes he has suffered head trauma and will have put down.
I was just wondering if this is some kind of sickness or if he has been injured and if there is anything that can be done to save him.
Only a vet will be able to tell you for sure. In the morning, get on the phone to all the vets you can get to. Call animal shelters, humane societies. Tell your story over and over until you get a vet to see him. Some will tell you no flat out, others will be nice but still say no, just keep trying. Don't get defensive or feel defeated when you hear "no". Just say thank you and dial the next number. When you find one that says yes, get the cat to the appointment and then offer to set up a payment plan you can afford. Then stick to it. Once trust is established with a vet, they can be there for you in the future.

If you can tell us where you are, there are members here who can recommend nearby places that may help.

Here in Portland, we have Animal Aid that will make short term emergency loans.

I know how you feel. It stinks not having money when our animals get hurt or get sick. Been there, doing that

sassy42

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your cat. Call Humane Societies in your area, they might be able to help you. He definitely needs to see a vet. Cats are very private when it comes to pain and if he is acting so oddly, he is definitely unwell.

felyne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your kitty. Could be poison, too. I hope he heals and is OK. Prayers to you and kitty.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please... do exactly as Bonnie suggests. You can't just let the poor kitty suffer this way -- he deserves a chance to be well.